M&M Speed and Custom Closing Up Shop.

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION M&M Speed and Custom Closing Up Shop.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mikey

To all the customers, fans, and Club Members of M&M Speed, after 47 years, we are closing down the business. Due to several things happening, the most serious being the owner, Rich Marchese’s health, we have no choice but to close down the business. The economy also has a lot to do with our decision. Rich can’t do it all alone, and even with the help of some friends, it is just too much. We hired a nice young lady to answer the phones, and take orders, but when the phones are not ringing, money is going out, but not enough coming in. We still have a large inventory of parts to sell, new and used, but we won’t be ordering any parts. All the inventory is being stored at Jim Cady’s garage just down the street from where Rich used to live in Davie. We still have frames, rolling and bare, glass, sheet metal, chrome, interior panels, and much more. Call Jim at 1-954-575-9267. If you have trouble getting a hold of Jim, call me on my cell at 1-407-394-6830. And thanks for sticking by M&M for all these years, we appreciate it. …………….Mikey(Mike)McDermott :mrgreen:

babycakes
        Participant

Mikey…that ‘SUCKS’!!! I feel bad for Rich too,with his health problems also. Hopefully the ODF members pass along this info,to help him out. I saw a ‘few’ guys at the ‘Valley’ sporting M & M tee shirts last Sunday,which was nice to see them displayed by these ‘dedicated’ diehards for Rich!

thekidd312

was so sorry to see M&M is out of business remember the days here we had real speed shops all over the area and we all bought ower parts from them. also in Middletown had a parts store got all the kustom parts from to kustomize my 55-57 fords called JOE OBRYANS now its mail order like jegs good luck billy the kidd bender

thekidd312

was so sorry to see M&M is out of business remember the days here we had real speed shops all over the area and we all bought ower parts from them. also in Middletown had a parts store got all the kustom parts from to kustomize my 55-57 fords called JOE OBRYANS now its mail order like jegs good luck billy the kidd bender

mikey

Thanks for the replies on M&M closing its doors. Rich just decided it was not going to make any money in this economy, even breaking even doesn’t work when you have some help to take care of and overhead to worry about. There is still a large inventory of sheet metal and parts to be sold off, so even though Rich is a little sad, he knows he’s doing the right thing considering his health and welfare. I miss going down and working with him, and helping strip cars, going to shows, and going to the tracks, but at least I don’t have to make that 3 1/2 hr drive any more. ………………Mikey :mrgreen: and Rich 😀

dino
                        Keymaster

Rich is now ‘taking it easy” back in Florida I believe. We thank him for Supporting our Race from the first ,right on through.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.