Marty 4×4 ‘in the lanes’

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK Marty 4×4 ‘in the lanes’

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Heres Marty 4X4 ‘s Vega in Staging lane 1 for an ? Eliminator line-upThis photo poses some interesting questions. What year? looks like its cold and either late fall or early early spring…about 74-75 or even real early 76 ?// Also .I wasn;t there then…Brackets had been instituted.Is this a Eliminator Line-up.Whats with the “dail-in’s on the windshields? and Are They Dail-in’s . Don’t get it.

Attachments:

hvy70ss
        Participant

Wow Dino that is weird. Maybe that is what they dialed in for the bracket they were in?? Example: Vega @ 7.85 If he was in 11.0 -12.0 bracket his dial would be 11.785??
            Very confusing. Back in ’74 I ran K/SA for trophys. If I wanted I could have ran for bucks $$$. If I did run for bucks in stock I would have hand my ass handed to me!! 😆 Never ran brackets @ Dover…didn’t get it at the time.

Bobby Smith

dino
            Keymaster

Well…We’re all wrong. Marty just called with the facts! man- does he have a good memory!.Its Early ’75 cause he’s running Concorde slicks. Firestones he ran didn’t come out til ’76. Knew exactly whats going on in the photo.Its a Concorde tire special money elim. for about $400. with 44 cars entered-all dail-in.The 7.85 on his window is done sloppy…it’s really 17:85 as is the Mustangs sloppy 11:85.He ran the 1 barrel that day ,putting him in Z/S -with a 17 second national record. He usually ran a 2 barrel as fast as 15 seconds -right on the record-next class up.Thats how he won the class two years in a row at the Summernationals ,using trick Lunati cams ground just for him. The Firebird behind the Nova is Scott Larson’s 455HO ram-air and he’s the guy in the Blue Jacket. He waded through the whole field (5 rounds) to get to the final against Doug Smith’s A/S .The dail-in was 5.86 ! A to Z .Doug ran the fastest his car ever did, beating Marty by .003. And thats the way it was…A cold Spring day at Dover in ’75. 😎

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.