MATCH RACE MADNESS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Ok Gang…We’ve lined up some Special Feature Stuff for this year….still getting Confirmation from a few.But So Far we’ll Have:
        *200 mph Funny Cars…Chuck & Time Bomb returning for a rematch.”Bomb” could be sporting New paint & Body And quite possibly running on Nitro.
        ….They’ll be Joined by 2 other cars to make a 4 car field.
        *Four 200 mph Nostalgia Funny Cars…Time Bomb Vs Wild & Creazy rematch plus WArPatg and Excalbur !
        *Jim Oddy and The AA/ SuperCharged gang Bringing 4 cars
        * Extreme Altered Meltdown to Feature 4 cars ,headlined by N.Y. Earthshaker …another Roadster & 2 coupes.
        * A/FX Altered Wheelbase group to include Rob Schatz in his from Pa. and about 3 other

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

More possable A/FX entries

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Confirmations coming in …Heres a preview:

Attachments:

masracingtd1167
                Participant

Dino if you book any more cars you might have to make this a 3 day event !

tomblake
                    Participant

Did Billy say 3 day event, I love 3 day events 😀 The 2 days go by so fast it would be cool to have 3 days, keep the bookings going Dino. We do everything we can to extend our stay, come early and stay late. The A/FX cars could maybe use an extra day to practice, seeing they don’t get out that much like they did in the past. We’d be right there to watch.

kman
                        Participant

^^^^^… I’m with ya’ Tom…. 3 days… they do that at the Gators… Braydenton…. why not the Valley ??? .. with the line up that the D talks about i don’t think overkill… but… what the hell do i know… you guys are the racers… me ??? .. i take photos… and love every minute of it !! …

kman
                            Participant

Wheres Brian Hanoffee and that bad ass “Under Pressure ” Willys ??? …ain’t seen em’ around…

babycakes
                                Participant

Good question K-Man! Talk about putting on a show,and ‘blasting’ down the 1/4 mile! As a ‘Willy’s Nut’, I miss seeing the ‘ Under Pressure’ Willys put on a show! A few year’s back was a ‘memorable’ experience, seeing him and ‘Tiny’s ’55’, go at it,match racing at the ‘Valley’ You could hear the echo in the distance, of that old AA/GS sound in your ears, as they tore up the strip!!! Life is good!!! :geek: 😮 😀 😀 😀 Mr.Pete.

dino
                                    Keymaster
                                        quote masracingtd1167:

Dino if you book any more cars you might have to make this a 3 day event !

Got It Covered
                                        See This topic:
                                        http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=4793
                                        …. Not adding “that” many rounds…Most are just being moved from from one group to another …actually same round count as last year
                                        Of Note: TO Cut down Rounds on sunday and save almost an Hour…He will tell NETO ,East Coast Gassers and Nendra , they’ll get only one time shot on sunday. They do this already on thier two day dates….so no problem there.Also Tech Gates open at SEVEN.In 8 years we never had a oil down delay like last year so …I’m believing it won’t happen again….got the word out to find Bryan also .”Cakes” …I think Jim Oddy and his his gang will cure your Willys Fix.Oh…Mas…Runor has it you may be driving something cool.

babycakes
                                        Participant

Dino, that AA/GS show with the ‘living’ gasser legend, Jim Oddy, should be “FANTASTIC”, to say the least! I’ve watched them,on You Tube, and Jim’s ’33’ Willys sedan, called ‘The Junkyard Dog’, is ‘bad-ass’ ! Another one I admire is Jeff Cryan, who restored and runs the ’33’ blue Willys P/U, that belonged to Ron Bizio, from California. What I admire,it’s ‘heads-up’ racing, and ‘period. correct engines, trans. and rears ( NO electronics!), abiding by the ’67’ N.H.R.A rule book! This alone,is worth the admission,for the show they’ll be putting on for us!!! No dissapointments!!!! 😮 🙄 😀 Mr.Pete.

abadwillys
                                                quote :

Wheres Bryan Hanofee and that bad ass “Under Pressure ” Willys ??? …ain’t seen em’ around…

Where dey at?

Im comin, have not raced this year yet but getting the car ready for the Dover Race! My last pass in the car down at Atco, i hurt the trans, i didnt think it was that bad but when i took it apart last week found chunks o metal in the pan. JR at Dynamic Racing Transmissions has it and is fixin it up for me, I probably shoulnt have waited so long to fix it, but I just made the decision to hit the track again, like last week..Now Im Under Pressure to get it ready!!

Thanks for the Kind words, Pete. I miss Racing Tinys “Hellfire” ‘Blown 55 Chevy and some of the other Blown Doorslammers that were around back then, i dont know where all the blower cars went. Everybody built Nostalgia Funny cars i guess, back then.. mid 90’s early 2000’s i only knew of two Nostalgia Funny Cars Locally, Jerry and Leslie Smiths, NY Twister Nova and Lou Sgro’s Challenger, now they are all over the place, bookin in shows everywhere… its like the late 60’s all over again, stock appearing Blown Doorslammers drying up and Funny Cars takin over, guess i shoulda built one too..
                                                nahh.. I love the Willys and anything else with Doors and a Blower!

So look for me, makin some smoke and some noise !!

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY

Good to hear from you Brian ! Sorry about the pieces in the tranny pan!!!!

I had JR do the glide for the Vega back in December!
                                                    Best of luck and looking forward to seeing UNDERPRESSURE at the DDDS Race in Sept.!!

‘V’

babycakes
                                                    Participant

“GREAT” to hear from ya Bryan!!!! Boy did I ever miss seeing your “WILD WILLYS” UNDER PRESSURE run! And now it’s back in the groove once again….THANK YOU!!!. Gotta get my ear plugs outa storage, ready to watch your ‘smokin’ burnouts,and loving those 7 second ‘blasts’, down the 1/4 mile!!! ‘Life is Good’, in a WILLYS GASSER!!! :geek: 😮 😮 😮 🙂 Pete.

kman
                                                        Participant

babycakes
                                                            Participant

K Man “THANK YOU” !!! The ‘ icing on the cake’!!! Bryan’s Willys! IT “HAULS”!!! 😮 🙄 😀 Mr. Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.