Midport 1940 chevy

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Midport 1940 chevy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dennis-h-pateras
    Participant

I saw in the Bill Cullin photo collection ( 1965-3 ) a 1940 Chevy coupe with the name Midport on the door, burgundy paint, gold lettering. Looked kind of cool.Was wondering if anyone had info or knew the car, what it had for a motor , what it turned, maybe more photos,etc? Just curious, it kind of caught my attention. Thanks for any info.

john-sachs-sr
        Participant
            quote dennis h. pateras:

I saw in the Bill Cullin photo collection ( 1965-3 ) a 1940 Chevy coupe with the name Midport on the door, burgundy paint, gold lettering. Looked kind of cool.Was wondering if anyone had info or knew the car, what it had for a motor , what it turned, maybe more photos,etc? Just curious, it kind of caught my attention. Thanks for any info.

I think that car belonged to “Frog” from Harrison. A good friend of Brian Dowling (Fenimore Auto Body). Frogs’ name escapes me. 😮 I know his first name was Dan. Algon injected small block, B/gas car.
            Tom Ceruzzi would know.
            John

dino
            Keymaster

Nice Work on this one…thats REAL gold leaf ($$$) lettering….says “Hitchcock Presents ” on hood as in the old Alfred Hitchcock movies…could that be “Dan’s ” last name?

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

found this too…

Attachments:

seabake
                    Participant

Dennis is right! That is a cool car. Has the classic 60’s street / drag car look. Never out of style. Eye candy for old gear heads.

dennis-h-pateras
                        Participant

It sure is, Thanks guys!

dino
                            Keymaster

Ah yes…special time at Dover…this was the era of Bad News,Little Giant , the first A/FX cars(Branded),And talking about Gassers…this car lined up with John Galli’s “Big Troubles” would be a perfect example of the caliber of workmanship, that makes that era memorable.

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

While on the subject of “GM Gasser Coupes”….lets fast forward to NOW and take a peek in Roxrecs secure location,to see Rickety Racing’s 38 Pontiac – currently waiting patiently ………….keeping the spirit alive …as parts are available.

Attachments:

Vita Bellofatti
                                    Participant

In the mid 60’s the Midport was owned by my dad Angelo Bellofatto and Ang Licare! The car had a small block Chevy engine! Would love to know what happened to the Midport!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.