MOPAR INQUIERIES

Forums Forums RACE TECH QUESTION FORUM MOPAR INQUIERIES

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Here’s Where to ask our Forum Mopar guys.

dino
        Keymaster

Got a Question…Why did the fueler guys like the Older Hemi’s?

bobby-s

that still goes till todays top fuelers,
                the answer I always get from engine builders is because
                of the design of the heads, with their valve design
                they are the easiest flowing heads, with the valves
                in the above / below design.
                They make great horse power
                but costs a lot more than a Bow Tie does
                but when there ready they have a sound of their OWN

the heads are
                just like our savings accounts
                “QUICK IN & QUICK OUT” 😆 😆
                had to say that.

come on paul c, you will have
                the MOPAR wording for it…….

Bobby S

storm-king

Dino’s question pertained to the older fuel guys, with early Hemis. The technical aspect of your answer is correct, they breath well. However, the main reason is simply that no other engine could handle the loads. GM had nothing that would stay together, Ford had terrible heads.

dino
                    Keymaster

But …as time went on …Didn’t each manufacturer copy the advancements of the others, along with all the aftermarket ideas that started in the mid-sixties? Hemi Fords…Big Block Chevys….watch for my “What Happened in 1964” Topic….almost ready to pull the trigger on it.

paul-ceasrine

BOBBY S,
                            I really didn’t have to add a comment to the Mopar Inquiries.
                            You answered the question.
                            Build a Mopar back then, too much money.
                            Cost twice as much as a Chevy, on both fronts, small-block and big-block…
                            Correct about the In-and-Out.
                            I think a proper phrase would be. ‘Just leave your check-book here’, or
                            “Just have your boss forward your paycheck to our bank’..
                            Loved the Mopar prices for Isky Cams or Racer Brown 😮 😮
                            Here’s one of the reasons for the Chevy switch. 1971, you could buy a Chevy 350/350
                            short-block, 4-bolt-main, 11.0-1 pistons with forged crank,,for the low-low price of $329.00.
                            Can’t compete with that 🙄
                            Paul (Bob, my mothers 300C Hemi is now liked by my 16 year-old daughter Lea. Do you think that would make for a good first car, for the next Judy Lilly, or should I just go for the Hemi
                            Challenger 😉

grover-dragct

i raced g m cars for years just to many at car shows to day went mopar and 63 dodge and plymouth 383 going in dodge cant wait

clicata

1st generation hemi’s were all run on a dyno. before they were installed.
                                    To quote BIG DADDY you could just go to a junk yard pick up a hemi and slap it in swap the parts you need and run it and go chas

gramdog1
                                    Participant

Chas is right. Maso’s brother and I pulled a 392 Hemi out of a Chrysler 300 behind the Raceway Diner in Yonkers,he bolted on a GMC blower,etc. and ran it in his Top Fuel dragster. 😎

storm-king

Who kept the 300’s owner occupied while you took the engine? 😉

gramdog1
                                            Participant

It was abandoned-that’s my story and I’m sticking to it 😈

bossguy

Yeah, abandoned while the owner and his wife were inside eating 😆 😆

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Had to laugh,you guys reminded me of the movie ‘Hot Rod’ when they ripped off a ‘hemi’ engine from a police car to run in there primed ‘Willys’

dino
                                                        Keymaster

My Brother Ted (former Dover Tech Guy) had a 58 Chrysler 300D hemi with two fours..WISH we never got rid of that …looked liked a granny car ….but hauled !

mikey

Years ago, I stuffed a 354 Hemi with 2 4s, in a 55 Chevy, also used the trans. Talk about a rocket! Never took it to Dover, just street raced it, then sold it. Wish I still had it. ……Mikey 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.