more Beeline willys

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST more Beeline willys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dennis-h-pateras
    Participant
        babycakes
        Participant

Dennis,I keep in contact with Ron Normann from Illinois (has several restored ‘Willy’s’ gassers) who is the present owner of Al’s ‘Bee Line’ 40 Willys gasser.It’s very close to being completely restored.Ron is a ‘perfectionist’! All have to be ‘period-correct’! Absolutely no ‘trailer-queens’ in his stable,all run full bore,down the 1/4! I’m hoping and wouldn’t be surprised if the Bee Line shows up at the next Dover 5 Nostalgia Drags! Happy to hear Ron started a ‘new’ Gasser Club this year,to keep the ‘gasser spirits’ alive!

dennis-h-pateras
            Participant

yea babycakes I saw online the Olds motor he’s using, talk about period correct! Nice to see it restored. There’s a photo of Beeline at Conn. Dragway about to race Angie Greco’s orange Willys ( another blown stormer). Yes, Ron has quite the collection! Thanks for the info.

babycakes
                Participant

Only thing Dennis,Ron’s ‘goal’ was to have it finished in time for the Dover 4,and have Al not only see it restored and run again,but to take a ‘slow’ ride in it,down the 1/4.As you know,neither happened.Ron had parts delays,trying to make the engine ‘period’ correct;and of course.sadly Al’s passing away.Some things in life we have no control of unfortunately,but can always go back to our golden memories when Al ran the Willys.No doubt he is a ‘legend’ in the racing sport,and his ole Willys lives on today,with many thanks to Ron!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.