MORE Dover NOSTALGIA DRAGS PHOTOS

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

more Batman and Robin ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
        Participant

YES MORE 😀 ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
            Participant

and last but not …………………………………………………………………..

Attachments:

tomatohead
                Participant

Dino in tower ………… Tom BIG engine and one nice vette …………………………………

Attachments:

tomatohead
                    Participant

couple more 😆

Attachments:

maso
                        Participant

Damn rain…

I flew up there only to get rained out. I couldn’t make it to the posponed event. 😥

Anyway, I have comments to make on the photohraphs:

Looks like the little red ’61 Plymouth pulls his right front wheel off the pavement about an inch there…Nice…!

I see several pictures of the Durham & Smythe “Strip Blazer” in the ODF Photo Gallery. Looks good.

That blue Model-A Coupe really “Floats My Boat” Wouldn’t I love to have something like that in my garage…!

The Vince Bayarinas Gas Coupe is one “Hairy Ape” of a machine. That car is guaranteed to attract a lot of attention wherever it goes. Bravo…! Can I drive it…? ( phat chance…! )

I am a little confused about the MG. Is that the same one that Patina has under construction. The red color looks to be a brighter red in his “Under Construction” thread. At the Island event I see a more subdued color paint job. What’s up with that. There is a nice piece of machinery that will always appreciate in value every year. Nice investment. How did it run…??

Charlie Boucher really deservers a lot of credit…! Everything about the “Bad News” Coupe is like I remember it. I wish we could get the “Little Giant” either back or re-created likewise, what a dynamic duo that would be for posterity… eh…?!

And… Din’s signage is superb. Bravo, Dino…!

patina
                            Participant

Maso it’s the same car thank God I don’t have it under construction anymore. The color seemed to mellow after it wes rubbed out. And as far as it being the same color as when it last ran in the sixties, our eyes and memories aren’t what they where, the color was copied from an area under the splash apron that was never pained over, that is until Brother Mike decided to paint the underside of the car black .

Pat

cgaswillys

I’ve posted a bunch of photos in the Multimedia seciton on the thread Dino started for the Island Dragway pics. More to come.

brian

Great job / pictures , I liked the STRIP BLAZER 11 picture , is that the orig car ?? or a clone, I met Malcolm Durham on the day he raced Ronnie Sox at Dover, He and his crew had stopped at one of the diners close to Dover to have breadfast and later on in life got the chance to talk to him. He did not know what became of the orig. 64 chevelle. Thanks , Brian

dino
                                        Keymaster

Will Be Locking This Topic SOON (No new Posts will be enabled)….And Moving the whole thing to “ANY OTHER PHOTOS” in Multi-media Section.That section is Easily accessed by Registering on forum with user Name & Password. Find “register” and follow Directions. We Are “saving” Full Coverage to general Public ,as we edit and compile FULL EVENT FEATURE in Drag Racer Magazine …they have “first Dibs” on Publication Of Event Photography …But ya can see all the ‘submitted posts ” by getting on the forum.Then Logging in and going to DOVER NOSTALGIA DRAGS PHOTOS Heading-AND POSTING MORE Too!

pauljbayarinas
                                                quote Maso:

Damn rain…

I flew up there only to get rained out. I couldn’t make it to the posponed event. 😥

Anyway, I have comments to make on the photohraphs:

Looks like the little red ’61 Plymouth pulls his right front wheel off the pavement about an inch there…Nice…!

I see several pictures of the Durham & Smythe “Strip Blazer” in the ODF Photo Gallery. Looks good.

That blue Model-A Coupe really “Floats My Boat” Wouldn’t I love to have something like that in my garage…!

The Vince Bayarinas Gas Coupe is one “Hairy Ape” of a machine. That car is guaranteed to attract a lot of attention wherever it goes. Bravo…! Can I drive it…? ( phat chance…! )

I am a little confused about the MG. Is that the same one that Patina has under construction. The red color looks to be a brighter red in his “Under Construction” thread. At the Island event I see a more subdued color paint job. What’s up with that. There is a nice piece of machinery that will always appreciate in value every year. Nice investment. How did it run…??

Charlie Boucher really deservers a lot of credit…! Everything about the “Bad News” Coupe is like I remember it. I wish we could get the “Little Giant” either back or re-created likewise, what a dynamic duo that would be for posterity… eh…?!

And… Din’s signage is superb. Bravo, Dino…!

😉 maso if you make it up here when we are running i’ll let you take a taste of it if you fit in it all buckled up lithuanian locomotive bayarinas

maso
                                                Participant
                                                    quote pauljbayarinas:

quote Maso:

Damn rain…

😉 Maso if you make it up here when we are running i’ll let you take a taste of it if you fit in it all buckled up lithuanian locomotive bayarinas

That is pleanty of incentive right there.

You guys are talking about a second annual DDS nostalgia event like it is a done deal.

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Attached is Bob Stock’s dad’s Dover 37 Sedan Delivery.

Attachments:

dmarsilio

Second Generation Dover Drag Strip Winner – Ron Blake – Watch out next year – He has the “Need for Speed”!!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.