MORE HERTEL HISTORY from Oregon

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION MORE HERTEL HISTORY from Oregon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Hows this for a first year news story……

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Heres another one ! pure History !

Attachments:

maso
            Participant

1st. page, 4th. col. 3rd Ph…

Says that Don Noyes’ “U.S. Mule” is a ’32 Ford roadster…! It was and still is an M.G…! Somebody’s got it today.

dino
                Keymaster

Right….gotta look close …you’ll see a lot of famliar names…glad he sent it .

maso
                    Participant

Ummm…

This may be a little far fetched, but do you s’pose that NASCAR’s PR department might just have all of these old newsletters on film in some dusty old library somewhere…?

I doubt it, but it might be worth a try. Wouldn’t THAT be a load of valuable historic resources.

Will the DDS Historical Guru consider looking into that…??? hummm…?

Just a thought…

dino
                        Keymaster

Here’s what iI have found so far about T.A.N.A. I’ll keep looking

Click on the link to the history page of this site:
                            http://www.kjwebdesigns.com/kingsdragway/history.htm

maso
                            Participant
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Here’s what iI have found so far about T.A.N.A. I’ll keep looking

Click on the link to the history page of this site:
                                http://www.kjwebdesigns.com/kingsdragway/history.htm

Well… I just think that it would be double cool if those old newsletters were found on microfilm somewhere. What a lot of histirical material that would be, eh…???

Was T.A.N.A a part of NASCAR’s PR department, or was NASCAR just a sponcer…?

dino
                                Keymaster

Bruce …Can you SEND me any of this old stuff for us to scan and Archive…I’ll send it right Back same day…Also what do you know about old clubs…nobody has any info on Danbury Cam-Busters ???

maso
                                    Participant
                                        quote Maso:

1st. page, 4th. col. 3rd Ph…

Says that Don Noyes’ “U.S. Mule” is a ’32 Ford roadster…! It was and still is an M.G…! Somebody’s got it today.

Oops…!!!

My bad…

He did have a ’32 roadster once and Tom Shay got a picture of it.

and here’s what it says about it in the book: “Cool Cars, Square Roll Bars” by Bernie Shuman

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.