Motor Speedway, NJ…@ Legendary Raceway Park

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Motor Speedway, NJ…@ Legendary Raceway Park

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    motor-speedway-nj

Hello folks!

My name is Mel Stultz. I’m the guy bringing back nostalgia to our race tracks in Englishtown at Raceway Park. I was lucky enough to meet Dino a week or so ago, and here I am. Great job Dino on your super killer site! Everyone will have to be patient as we are still trying to get ours up. We are racing though… isn’t that all that counts? Hahaaaa.

We run pre 58 autos and pre 65 bikes on our 1/8TH mile track. Some people don’t even realize there is an I/8TH at Raceway Park…but there is. Jr’s use it on Sundays… We basically run our Motor Speedway events on Friday and Saturday afternoon into the late evening. Almost every other weekend. On fridays it is more like a car-hop. Bar is open, food is served, and we show old time hot rods on the big screen…yup, the big screen! We built a drive-in-movie theater. Movies play on Friday nights when the sun goes down. Old hot rod mayhem, two wheeled terror, and old creature features for your viewing pleasure. If you don’t own an old car or bike, there is plenty of places to sit and watch. Feel free to bring a chair too! Live music happends between the movies as well when someone worthy is in town to play. We always spin the best songs on our record players too… dig it!

Drags start on Saturdays at 5pm. We only race old traditional cars the way they once were. Hot rods, bikes, and serious race cars on our special event Sundays where we can run stuff all out. We do have a pre 64 area to park cars and later bikes. All are welcome. We do make exceptions to our pre 58 rule for cars that are worthy. They must be bad ass cars that would have been seen on or around the track in the early 60’s. Ou rule is to keep out the 1st time car owner with 4 door 60’s cars, whom assume they are hot rodders! We take quality over quantity… yeah, we is stoopid! The objective… is to dig out the old car builders that don’t venture out to goofy car shows in burger joints. We do have car shows… but we also have a track! And we wanna see those guys that just hide out and build… back on the track! Lets RACE!

Our next event will be a combined package of hot rod racing and motorcycle event. The northern chapters of the AMCA and southern chapters are all coming to run their vintage bikes! Look out… this doesn’t happend often. 1910, 1920, bikes racing on the 1/8th mile… WOW! PRE 1965 bikes allowed into the main area, plenty of parking for all year bikes and autos.

Stayed tuned for the next event after that as well, it’s a good one! Raceway Park will be holding their annual OLD TIME DRAGS on the 1/4 mile. While we “Motor Speedway” bring you…. thee Older Time Drags on the 1/8TH mile! Look for all kinds of early iron. We are bring quality back to NJ one weekend at a time, stay tuned!
        Motor Speedway Olde Time Drags… July 24(movie night) July 25(Hot Rod Races), and July 26th…diggers, rails, gassers and more!!! Look out for the Burbank Choppers whom are coming all the way for Ca. for this. We will be showing a primere of the “Devil at your feet” The new unreleased hot rod movie about West Coast car club the Burbank Choppers, and the East Coast car club The Alter Boys. Great new film, don’t miss it. There will be an invitational on the inner field as well. Please inquire if you have a traditional hot rod or race car at… motorspeedwaynj@yahoo.com Thanks, hope to see you on the track! Mel …Thanks brother DINO!

dino
        Keymaster

MORE FROM MEL:

…….on Sat.s we run hot rods, open headers on flatheads and other motors. Great time. On Sun. July 26th.. we will be racing evertything all out. I’ll be running this 59 Lyndwood… I’ll have to back off as it does not meet todays NHRA standards. We tell drivers what they can do depending on the paticular car. This way we don’t blanket the cars with rules… All is going well! This next July 11th date is looking to be pretty big.

I’d love to see your guys there pushing Dover’s event.

I’m also doing a book and movie about the west coast. It will have some history, some old pics. But I really want to show the builders that continue building in backyards the way it once was done. I have some secret hiding places! Book is going to be beautiful, raw, like nothing that out there. I’ll keep you posted. Mel

dino
            Keymaster

FLASH FROM “MEL”:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the time has come for our biggest event at Motor Speedway to date!
                As you may already know, our usual events planned for Friday night have been cancelled this week as we need to be in full swing for Satuday and Sunday

Saturday, 25th. Hot Rod RACES!!! Live bands, Old Time Drags pre party!!! Nebulas are playing at 6pm next to the drag strip….without costumes. Then will return at dark in full costume.
                Special Guests – Burbank Choppers & Alter Boys
                Gates open at 5 pm, come to gate 4!
                Saturday bring your hot rod and your favorite gal out to Motor Speedway! Racing starts at 5pm, run what ya brung! Come out and meet the Burbank Choppers and see the cars of The Altar Boys in our Oilers cc invitational… they are driving down allll the way from Mass. to hang with us this weekend! And dont forget to stick around until after dark as we will be premiering exclusively on our drive in movie screen the Brian Darwas film and documentary “The Devil at Your Feet”, a new hot rod film starring our guests the Altar Boys and the Burbank Choppers… Music will be provided by our swinging DJ, and Live music will come from The Nebulas…. prepare for the MOJO. Tell you friends and family because if you havent been to a Motor Speedway event yet… this is the one to come to, this party will SWING!!
                Saturday: Gates open at 5pm (come to gate 4 look for our giant Motor Speedway sign)
                admission for adults is 12 bucks kids are 6 and a tech card to race is only 20 bucks with admission included

Sunday 26th. All out DRAGS!!! …and more. All the day long… Ribeye Brothers are playing!
                Gate opens at 8 am go to gate 4!
                8 am…. to 6pm, maybe a little later if the party is a party!
                Sunday we will be open in conjunction with Raceway Park’s annual Old Time Drags with only the best vintage dragsters and hot rods at Motor Speedway on the 1/8th mile… Hot rods, Gassers, alterds, rails – run what ya brung! sunday sunday sunday this is the only day this year where we will have all out drag cars on our strip! The choppers will still be hanging around so come say hello! Listen to the swanky sounds of our Motor Speedway DJ and our favorite band the Ribeye Brothers… Gates open at 8 am sharp… bring your kids out for a day of fun and excitement and witness the living history of Motor Speedway… DO IT for the kids
                admission is still 12 for adults 6 for kids and 20 for a tech card with included admission
                Bring out your pre 64 cars and have a good time with us at Motor Speedway, have a wonderful day and we hope to see you come out this weekend…

-Motor Speedway crew

VIDEO -BOB …Need A shot of the Willys Parked at the”barn” for a pit-stop !!! 😆

vbob
                Participant

HEY
                    peps that are going to the nostlagia drags on Sunday oh oh, go saturday stay for the 1/8 mile racing, music and BIG moving picture!
                    Then just roll outta your bunk and start fresh on sunday and do it all over again !!

‘V’

dino
                    Keymaster

Just Sent Mel the ” Proprietor “,,, A whole bunch Of Dover Goodies to decorate the “barn “walls with !…get some shots !

dino
                        Keymaster

our own jmb442 went there in Aug and Did This Really Good Video of his visit !

http://www.youtube.com/user/jmb442

vbob
                            Participant

HEY
                                Mr. OLDS needs to be filming in Hollywood with the work he puts on the table!!!
                                Great job !!!

‘V’

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.