Motorcycles At Dover…Heres VITO !

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Motorcycles At Dover…Heres VITO !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

I’ve had a few inquiries about bikes at Dover. When I was there, we did’nt have classes for them and didn’t run them. Don’t think Chet & Joe allowed, if asked, worrying about accidents. They probably blew the requests off ,citing no insurance coverage. BUT ….love the Buts …means alternative answer: Some of Dick Donofrio ‘s early 61-63 photos i’ve seen, show bikes running back then.(See: George Hosford,Original Starter Found -topic, Photo). Will try to get from Bob S. or Dick Himself. Now I just got a call from Vito Sabato in Stamford. HE RACED his highly modified Harley at Dover from ’73 to ’76. He related that about 5 or 6 bikes would show up and run in their own dail -in bracket. He ran in 10 sec bracket back then .He sent me photos and is going to contact other Dover Bike racers from past to closing and get their info & hopefully more photos. He’d like to Attend the Nostalgia Drags and Reunion, having his currect bikes run with his grandson Brian and friend Ryan ridin’….they run 9.70 in 1/4. So …another “chapter” of history has been uncovered.
        ……………………Here he is in 1974…and he’s still activley racing! !

….Vito On Bike,John Colarossi with hat, and the original Geico Caveman,Jimmy Finley

Attachments:

bobby-s

here’s 2 pictures of Vito & Brian, 😉
            Vito and the group have some AWESOME Harleys 😮
            have to see them to beleive the power he/they get 😯
            this is from the NETO ’07 series,

Bobby S.

Attachments:

bobby-s

2 more with Vito & Brian
                in action

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Bobby … with you and Video Bob digging up the Photo Back-up …we get the scoop every time …Thanks! hey- how Young is Brian..fast for his age, huh!

bobby-s

as long as everyone enjoy’s it
                        it’s fun to do

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

HOLY HOCKEY PUCK !!!
                            Great pics of the bikes of Dover !!
                            Gotta get a spot on the card for them for Oct.18th !!!
                            Outstanding shots!!!
                            Good ones Bob S. !!

‘V’

dino
                            Keymaster

ALL original Dover guys with Original or current Rides WELCOME !

jimbo

When it comes to building Harley drag bike engines Vito Sabato is one of the best in the country.

Nice to see the old pictures from Dover of him on the bike.

Jim Hill

fastlane

heres one of my three dragbikes . this one was sold to me in 1984 by vito sabato . it was painted black only when i first got it. then oriental blue metalflake / candy apple red / and this wild dayglow neon orange paint job since 1994. this has been my favorite as i call it the ” fast orange ” now . fastlane. 😛

Attachments:

fastlane

heres a shot of the worlds first 9 second pro stock harley davidson m/c . i restored this over the winter of 2000/ 2001 . this was done out in fremont california back in 1975 . rider was fast ed ryan fron massachusetts . who says the east coast m/c racing guys were not ahead of the times even way back when . the motor in the bike was 110 c.i. and bikes best e.t. was in the low nines at over 145 mp.h. before being retired in 1980 . i dragged it out of a shed in westbury long island n.y. after sitting for almost 14 years. fastlane. 😛

dino
                                            Keymaster

This is a good topic to REMIND YOU DRAG BIKERS …Weve ADDED a “Top Motorcycle Eliminator “Triophy ! for the Nostalgia Drags ! …Same deal as the other Special Interest Trophies ..Brian & I are coming up with ANOTHER authentic Original Dover Trophy To Award the Top Biker ! Its already been posted in The Rules heading .

staying-alive

Vito, Good to see your pictures from the past and most recent with Brian. I have a few of you and Renzo at Lebanon

Staying Alive Racing
                                                    Fred Rodriguez

m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Remember Dante Dattoli?? 1966 Triumph TT Special D/MP, that boy could ride!! I will post some pics on M&M’s site when I can figure how to upload (to large) Rich

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.