Mr Outlaw Sandy Cacciola 67 Camaro

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Mr Outlaw Sandy Cacciola 67 Camaro

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    racehome
        dino
        Keymaster

Thanks Tony for the tip-off!…Thats Sandy ! says hes in Yorktown Heights ! Contacting him RIGHT after I post This…Still has My lettering on the Doors !Here he is in the shut down area doing a little “tuning” .Found in T.O’Shea Collection Gallery 5 …In 7 too. (ODF Premium Members Photos To the rescue again! )

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Here’s Sandy, Running Storm King ….same car”pro”
                Here’s what it says at Ebay….
                .PURCHASED BY ORIGINAL OWNER FROM BYRNE BROS CHEVROLET IN WHITE PLAINS, NY. ORDERED W/A 396/375HP BUT CHANGED TO CURRENT 427CU IN HIGH PERFORMANCE + ENGINE.
                RACED AT DOVER DRAG STRIP IN NY AS WELL AS NUMEROUS OTHER TRI STATE DRAG STRIPS. E.T.’s IN THE 9 SECOND BRACKET W/MPH APPROX. 137.
                COMPLETE W/FIBER GLASS FRONT END AND INNER FENDERS. HOOKER HEADERS. NEW SUSPENSION FRONT & REAR. NEW BRAKES FRONT & REAR. NEW CALIPERS & ROTORS. NEW BRAKE LINES. NEW GAS TANK & GAS LINES. ORIGINAL PAINT & INTERIOR PLUS ALL GAUGES. ORIGINAL REAR SEATS. ROLL BAR IS BOLT IN.
                10,251 ORIGINAL MILES.
                ORIGINAL TIRES AND RIMS & HUBCAPS.
                MAG WHEELS, 7 INCH TIRES IN FRONT AND 9″ POSITRACTION REAR.
                CAR IS INSPECTED AND IS DRIVEN ON THE STREET.
                MANY EXTRAS INCLUDED.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Dead end on the Yorktown Heights Idea… look close in Ebay Photo …Palm Trees in yards? not in Yorktown Heights !
                    Reserved starting bid on car is $45,200. My lettering gains value with age 😆 …did that -Ready? 41 years ago.

dino
                    Keymaster

John His son (C & V Auto-Fishkill) wasn’t aware the car was for sale .Photo was in Florida and so is Sandy.John ran his blue Camaro at our Nostalgia Race and might make it to Dover Fest .Remembered busting his knuckles putting in the roll bar. And remembered coming up in Tower to visit me .

dino
                        Keymaster

So far only two bids…last one the 9th. Both under reserve…Think the eBay “game” here, is to let it run out Then contact bidders later and “settle for Real amount “Out of Ebay court” and beat their % take. Ya think?….45000. a ‘Little” pricey.

rodz927
                            Participant

I am a big Dover Drag Strip fan. This was probably a little before my time ( 1974 thru 1976 ) . Looking at the picture of the camaro at Dover, the car seems to have a 68 camaro grill with side marker lights and rear side marker lights, the car is a 67 with the correct doors with door vents, but the grill and side marker lights are incorrect. Also the current picture has the correct front end and grill, although a very nice car with a great history.

dino
                                Keymaster

Ran back then the old PRO class with original steel front end.Now has Glass.

storm-king-2

That shot was taken in 1970. My Duster was all steel also,& was still running the cross ram & torqueflite. Great to know Sandy’s still out there. I wouldn’t think that was too much for an original 427 with it’s race history, especially in todays market. Not to mention the value of the origional lettering, a true classic. In 1970 Sandy, Mr Ed, & I had a lot of close races. At the end of 70, when we collected our class money, the track told me Sandy & I had tied for the most money won there in Pro/Stock. Tony Chickery hadn’t run the full season, if he had that might have changed things a bit.
                                        Bill

dino
                                        Keymaster

Bidding ends 5:30 TODAY…no new bids

bobrizzi

GET KAUER HE STILL HAS TIME TO BID

bob-tiny-eglit

HEY DINO, REMEMBER US DRIVING OUT TO NEW YORK NATIONAL SPEEDWAY,1 SLICK IN MY TRUNK AND 1 IN THE OTHER CAR, I WON MY CLASS AND DROVE HOME,IT LOOKED ALOT LIKE SANDYS CAR LOOKED, MINE WAS A MARINA BLUE ’67 396-375 HP 4 SP 4:11 REAR , WE WERE NUTS BACK THEN. BOUGHT MINE AT GATTO CHEVY. IN KATONAH.DOWN FROM YOUR HOUSE.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.