MURPHY’s YELLOW FEVER ‘rides again"!

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR MURPHY’s YELLOW FEVER ‘rides again"!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Today at the SPORTS MUSEUM OF DUTCHESS COUNTY 2nd RACE CAR SHOW…Fred Murphys wife ‘Patsy” ,nephew and family brought out Fred’s “Yellow Fever” 59 Chevy junior stocker.First public viewing in many a year. Brian had his Display set up and hooked me up by phone with Pat.She mentioned ,they did take it once, up to Lebanon for a nostalgia race…probably Cap Area rods.The Paint is still that pale yellow with some primer spots.and few damaged spots…BUT Thats All going to be fixed,as I have offered to Re-Hand Letter the car to its original way I did back then! AND Bring it Up to the 5th Annual Dover Drags. It Runs and real good too …Might even see it Entered in our Dover eliminators! No problem being in the Time Warp parade and on display. Plan is to Repaint the car at Yenos and I’ll arrive early to do the restoration graphics.Brian took a bunch of shots of it today…sending to me to post..Oh..look close in this photo…Pied Piper in the background.

Attachments:

dover1320

Time capsule very cool the dusty trophys in the back seat and when they fired it up it was something. It will be nice to see it back together Fred would not believed the people going crazy over it all these years later! Brian

bobby-s

pics from Dutches Sports Museum show, Dover cars / racers.

Attachments:

bobby-s

another

Attachments:

bobby-s

dover group shot

Attachments:

bobby-s

that’s all folks.

Attachments:

babycakes
                            Participant

Hey Bobby,thank you so much for sharing! I’m very happy to hear and see it’s still ‘alive’! Not all that bad to restore it either! 😮 😀 😉

dino
                                Keymaster

Tanks Bobbie..I know the guys around the country appreciate the photo records of all the events you guys post. Our original Dover Car stable is growing!…this years gathering should be the best ever.

dino
                                    Keymaster

The car is now being restored by Freedies Niece. I’m trying to contact them as to it’s progress.

dino
                                        Keymaster

GOOD NEWS ! Freddy’s car is now in the hands of Jeff Wooden,who plans to finally get the restoration done. Plan is is to show it off at our next race…Now we only can find ONE shot of it…Anybody ? got one in color and showing anything more???

Attachments:

patina
                                            Participant

What did it ride off into the sunset!

Pat

dino
                                                Keymaster

Still at Restoration shop in N.H. they’re ‘kinda” slow…will call Jeff & check on Progress.

patina
                                                    Participant

It’s been a few years now since last heard about “Yellow Fever”. Has anyone heard anything recently?

Pat

dino
                                                        Keymaster

No News…. Where its at doesn’t reply to messages…I’m digging more. Also Matty’s Hudson Is Now finally being finished (guy came into some $ to get it done ) …More on that as I get it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.