my first drag race

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls my first drag race

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bugboy

my family moved to Wappingers falls in early summer of 1976. I was really young . That summer was the first time my DAD showed me drag racing. we went to Dover and I was spell bound. I fell In love with it at a real young age and I never looked back. Unfortunately the next year we had to go to the valley to run his camaro . so far since then my dad stopped racing in 1984 and I started in 1990 3 days after I got my drivers license . I now run a 1967 bug that I turned PRO in , running it in the NHRA SPORT COMPACT ALL MOTOR class before it went under.

This site was a great Idea, good job with it. I now own a repair shop in Poughkeepsie on RT9 called LTR AUTO if any one on here is near by stop in and check out my small collection of race cars.

one last thing , I’m looking for a front engine dragster that I owned for about 5 years. it was called the little old wine maker. I sold it in 1989 and I would like to find it again

dino
        Keymaster

Welcome “bugBoy’….About the Dragster…need a little more info—->chassis,motor, color, last seen…who’d ya sell it to? (what might he know?) Dover CSI… GOOOOOOD at this PHOTO REAL helpful.

bugboy

the color was red. on the panel in front of the driver there was a panting of a wine maker. I think the class designation on the side of the car was D/D . I dont know who drove it and who owned it but I was told it held a east coast record for a alcohol dragster. the chassies looked like it was built from 2 drive shafts in a V shape. My dad bought it in 1980. I remember it was in garage under a lot of stuff.If you have any info please call me (845)462-3368 thats my shop # but you can call any time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.