MY funniest story?…How I got Fired

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST MY funniest story?…How I got Fired

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    charlie-irving

Tommy was a great guy and I am glad to have known him. He is pictured in my photos in the ODF gallery. He jumped in front of my camera when I was shooting I think the Norwich Nova. When I was running in “C” Stock during his days in that class, he would make a point of letting me get ahead of him in the staging lanes so that I could run against someone else before he eventually beat me later in the afternoon.
        After he left the Stock class, he did run in a Gas class for a while but I was already gone from Dover at that point and I am not sure what car he was running then. I saw one of the posted Dover Results that had him winning in either G or H gas in ’68 or ’69.
        RIP Tom. You are missed.

Charlie Irving

………………..THIS IT ?

Attachments:

don-kauer

Wow Casey…….You really got around…..Another picture of the famous Casey wheelwells………. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

charlie-irving

That’s it, a very young Tom Iorizzo in either ’65 or ’66. He was working on his plugs between runs and jumped in. It was the Lohmann Nova as we can see and not the Norwich Nova.

Charlie

don-kauer
                    quote dinotheweirdo:

quote Billy Casey:

DINO…DINO…DINO ,,, yes , you were very good at pissin alot of people off … ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† Billy

…reminded of the time A camaro broke an axle on the line and headed right for the Tower and hit It ! knocked us out of our chairs! Fuel line broke, ignition still on ….AND fuel pump kept spraying gas all over hot motor. Of Course It catches on fire (Did I tell this one Already?)…Anyway …..driver jumps out runs to open hood with his required fire extinguiser in hand…VERY large ball of flame reaches ME in tower …So he puts it out and I calmly announce ” So whats your next Act.” Ah.. with that …he go’s to trunk and gets a tire iron and starts for the tower stairs….I just Calmly mosey over to the door and lock it. Boy did he yell some nasty things at me ! through the window …all the while shaking his tire iron…the cop “escourted him away” that time the Cop was on my side…..good times …good times ….Only at the fast track.

Dino….Just looking back at some older posts (2010) and your last line stated “only at the fast track”…I never knew you worked at another track . ๐Ÿ˜† …..The only thing fast about Dover were the clocks. ๐Ÿ˜• ….NOT the track….. ๐Ÿ™„ ….

dino
                    Keymaster

Don I actually did ( guest) announce at another track. Budds Creek ,Md., when it was still called Budds Creek,for a big funny car show in around 68-69… since the Dover Days I’ve announced at special events at Fayetteville Dragway,Piedmont Dragway,Rockingham Dragway and now of course Island & Lebanon…even did a night at Riverside Park in Mass. with Stock Cars.

don-kauer

Budds Creek was a cool place…I ran there with Labriola years ago…..Didn’t know you got around so much dude ๐Ÿ˜Ž P.S. Here we go again, topic within topic ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

dino
                            Keymaster
                                quote Don Kauer:

Budds Creek was a cool place…I ran there with Labriola years ago…..Didn’t know you got around so much dude ๐Ÿ˜Ž P.S. Here we go again, topic within topic ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

aaah what the heck …forgot …I “Annouced-D-J’d” every Sat night 82-88 at my Summer Cruise at The Sycamore in Bethel,Ct.

dino
                                Keymaster

DINO ยป Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:28 am :

quote DINO:

It was to be my last day announcing. 1972 to be exact… Thanks to my big mouth, I thought it would be fun to make fun of the cop on duty . Didn’t know it was a State Trooper, and it was his first Day! workin’ the track. ya see we had a late start trying to dry out the track from rain and I ran out of things to say, so he became a target for what would become “Verbal Abuse”. He arrested me and hauled me in handcuffs to the local judge’s house. As the Judge finished his breakfast , I promised never to do it again and the charges were dropped. BUT upon returning to the track ,I was informed by Chet & Joe ,the owners ,that I “embaressed them” and was promptly fired. Oh well

WOW….This Was My FIRST POST ON THE FORUM…First Post By Anyone ….just looking back to how we started here …amazing what’s happened since that day.

Heres Our Topic on what really happened inside the tower:
                                    http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=612&hilit=Tower

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.