Name The Driver/Owner-city -state Of ‘TAZ"

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK Name The Driver/Owner-city -state Of ‘TAZ"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

One of the first cars I ever saw, the first time,I went to Dover.,Made such an impression ….classic gasser -supercharged-unique body choice and really differant color plus a cool name .So Who Drove it -owned it and from where? What a find THIS would be to restore ! Where is it ? ? ? ? Winner gets a t-shirt And an all expense vacation in Video Bobs footlocker.

Attachments:

mikey

Dino, seems I remember a post somewhere about the Cam Busters Car Club. In that post was a mention of the Tasmanian Monster. So, if I’m correct, I have part of the answer. I’m pretty sure that it’s a Connecticut car. HEY KAUER, a little help here please!! ………………..Mikey 😮 😯 😆

seabake
            Participant

Seems to me that a guy named Libatore (spelling) from Stamfords New Field Avenue area had a car named Tazmanian Monster, but I remember it as being a 55 Nomad and in a /MP class…….I think. Was a long time ago!! Maybe ’65??? Possible 2nd generation car??

don-kauer

I remember that car because it left a big impression on me also……………….And Casey wheelwells to boot… 😆 ..I’m sure it was a Ct. car from the Stamford area…Maybe Anthony or Gene remembers ………..How about it guys?

john-sachs-sr
                    Participant

I was impressed also.Car WAS loud and crisp.Can’t remember the owner/driver name. 😳
                        Again old age. 🙄
                        John

briant

Dover , Thought I had his name, know I have it some-where , The owner of the Taz-monster was good friends with Dickie Doyle , ( Blown Hearse ), 3 guys from Terryville , CT. used to race at Dover all the time. My brain froze I cannot think of the other car that was associated with the above mentioned. I have my notes some-where. Brian T. ( Dragmasters , Westport,CT.)

briant

Dover , The 3rd car that was owned and raced by the three guys from Terryville, CT was the Albatross. I forget what kind of car it was but am looking to find out. someone should remember.

dino
                                Keymaster

Photo in first post hass had 1150 views and NO ONE KNOWS WHO OWNED IT?

mikey

Hey, at least I was sure it was a Ct. car. 😀 …………….Mikey 😆

bobby-s

why not look through all the stuff you and Brian got from everyone
                                            and read the Drag News/Times papers, 😮
                                            should be listed in the winners section for Dover in them. 🙄 just hope the owner did not hope around between classes if there was an OCT (only car trophy) class that day. 😳
                                            Never know what will be found in those publications. 😛
                                            remember sunday at Big Al’s.

dino
                                            Keymaster

I’ve looked …problem is this car ran like 62-63…Not too many papers then , ones we have have are 64 & up I can’t find any with a C/GS listing .

dino
                                                Keymaster

TA-DA…. Brian Found Him…Dave Hill from Kingston area…actually Esopus,south of Port Ewen…Got his Number and calling him up!

dover1320

I Just saw this post ,I met Dave Hill at Rhinebeck . He said he ran at Dover ,then said you probably dont have a picture of my car . Then i said what did you run? he went on to decribe TAZ , I SAID I know the car and we have pics of it and i showed him and he was impressed and thought it was great at all this history was being saved. We talked he didnt have any pics so i made him up what i had and turns out he live 5 miles from me. Brian

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Just ‘TALKED” to the ‘Taz-Man”…Dave Hilll ! …Sold the car to a guy in Washingtonville. Knows his name and will try to track down what happened to it! Also very interested in all the Dover Revival going on with Reunion And Nostalgia Drags. Still dabbles in building cars…not modified but ‘stockers. Has a ’53 plymouth he just did and MIGHT Drive it to the Reunion tomorrow.Knows exactly where Big Als Is. He plans to Be there regardless to hook up with old buddies. Another lost Dover Guy FOUND! Heres Dave on the line in 1962 with non other than Joe Archiere looking on .

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Found another

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.