Need to "ID" this car

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Need to "ID" this car

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Found in Brians incredible collection…this is near the end of Dover 74-75…Chrondeks & notice extensive “farming’ back were lake is now to right of shut down area.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

79 views when I write this and Nobody Knows?

dino
            Keymaster

Name on door very hard to dicipher..first name starts with B, last name starts with M …I think.Speed Parts Center on scoop.

bossguy

Demonstrates the importance of GOOD lettering! BTW I hope you didn’t letter this Dino 😀

dino
                    Keymaster

was ’74 Brian says…IF I lettered it,which I didn’t ,I’d know who it was.

billy-casey

that could be one of Ron Malanise’s cars . i think R&R was the name of his bus. Billy

don-kauer

Billy, Ronnies Vega had B and R Construction on it……….Yes?

dino
                                Keymaster

Sachs will Know ?

bobby-s

going to Valley Chassis tomorrow
                                        will show Bobby the picture he might remember
                                        if it is hooked up with speed parts center,

have to drop off some parts for the dragster,
                                        looking sweet, Bobby is one of the best
                                        when you let him loose on a project,
                                        headers came out just like the pictures
                                        they are now at Centerl Conn Coatings
                                        getting gene’s new super bright coating,
                                        rest of the safety fixes look awesome too,

now going to the shop to drop supplies for the trailer
                                        couple of racers coming over to finish
                                        some lil` items, can’t wait for release from
                                        doctor

later
                                        Bobby S.

paul-ceasrine

I’ll throw a few ‘Fastballs’ at this one.
                                            More of ‘back door info’
                                            ‘Manhattan Speed Shop’
                                            Varick Street or Canal Street
                                            Manhattan, NYC
                                            Also, sponsored some missing 68′ S/S Hemi Dart in 68’/69′
                                            I believe Joe Bello was the owner of the Speed Shop.
                                            May have had something to do with Worth Auto Parts?
                                            Also, another place ‘Manhattan Speed & Power Equipment’
                                            232 West Broadway
                                            NYC
                                            Just where were these guys??
                                            PC

dino
                                            Keymaster

Two Differant places?

Attachments:

mikey

Maybe check with Bob Ingles, that could be one of his old cars, and by the sponsors, it’s from his neck of the woods. Just a thought…………………………………..Mikey 😆

clicata
                                                        quote Paul Ceasrine:

I’ll throw a few ‘Fastballs’ at this one.
                                                        More of ‘back door info’
                                                        ‘Manhattan Speed Shop’
                                                        Varick Street or Canal Street
                                                        Manhattan, NYC
                                                        Also, sponsored some missing 68′ S/S Hemi Dart in 68’/69′
                                                        I believe Joe Bello was the owner of the Speed Shop.
                                                        May have had something to do with Worth Auto Parts?
                                                        Also, another place ‘Manhattan Speed & Power Equipment’
                                                        232 West Broadway
                                                        NYC
                                                        Just where were these guys??
                                                        PC

Paul , Manhattan Speed , Worth Auto Parts . Manhattan Power and Bronx Speed were owned by Joe Doto and his dad and uncle. Joe is married to my cousin. He still sells speed equipt. 28-32 Ford parts and loads of NOS speed parts. Joe thinks that the Vega belonged to Ron Malanise . Skeet Russell has Joe’s new sticker on his car.
                                                        chas.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Chas…Think thats Correct…Thats what I thought it said-REAL Blurry as driver name on door.Photo not in good quality -tried to zoom in & edit ..too far gone Hey its old ,like us .Maybe Sachs can get a hold of Ron and confirm…they contact each other(Came to Reunion together) I’ll ask him.

don-kauer

NOT one of Bob’s cars! I’ve been with Bob since we were teenagers and I know every car he had ……Bob’s only Vega was an SRD Vega purchased from Bruce Larsen…..My Vega was an SRD Vega purchased from Brad Hietala….The pictured Vega is a homebuilt and as I mentioned back in March I think it was owned by Ronnie who is now in Florida…I speak to him sometimes and I will call and confirm what I think……………..You guys are like my kids………You just don’t listen 😆 😆 😆 Casey also thinks that was Ronnies Car……………

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.