NETO races 8 & 9 results

Forums Forums N E T O News and Notes NETO races 8 & 9 results

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    oldvettedad

NETO race 8 was held at Beaver Springs dragway July 9 2016

On a bright, sunny and very hot day, 21 racers braved the heat to put on a great show. The race was sponsored by Psyched Clone racing from Staten Island NY. John and Kitty Giambertone presented the trophies.

COMP ELIMINATOR

John Giambertone in his high revving 1965 “Psyched Clone” Mercury Cyclone won Comp Eliminator. Despite having to run twice within a few minutes, after the race had to be re run due to a tree malfunction. John ran a 9.88 on a 9.60 index to win. Here are John and wife Kitty with the winner trophy.

Scott Thorpe took Comp runner up in his BBC powered 1955 Nomad. Scott ran a 9.97 on a 9.60 index. Here are Scott with wife Nellie and the grand children with the trophy.

NOSTALGIA ELIMINATOR

Nostalgia eliminator was won by Wayne Farquhar driving the Team Farquhar 1969 406 C.I. Chevelle. Wayne ran an 11.64 on a 11.57 dial. Here is Wayne with the trophy.

Runner up was Bruce Patterson driving the Team Patterson 1966 427 C.I. Biscayne. Bruce ran an 11.76 on a 11.70 dial. here is Bruce with the trophy.

NETO race 9 was completed July 10, 2016 at Beaver Springs dragway. This was the 13 annual York Nostalgia Drags, one of the best Nostalgia shows around. Twenty three racers competed on this hot summer day in the race sponsored by Mauceri & Hennebery Racing from Poughkeepsie NY. Rich Mauceri presented the trophies.

COMP ELIMINATOR

Comp eliminator was won by Jerry Deslandes in his 572 C.I. 1970 Duster. Jerry ran a 9.12 on a 9.00 index. Here is Jerry with the trophy.

John Giambertone took Comp runner up in his SBF 19675 Cyclone. John ran a red lighting 9.64 on a 9.60 index. His runner up finish gave John the points lead in Comp. Here is John receiving the trophy.

NOSTALGIA ELIMINATOR

The Nostalgia eliminator finals featured two new NETO members. Nostalgia eliminator was won by Mike Kwiatec in his 440 C.I. 1968 Dodge Super Bee. Mike ran a 10.45 on a 10.42 dial for the win. Here is Mike along with Dave King and Mark and Dot Abrams receiving the trophy.

Runner up in Nostalgia eliminator was Steve Pirritano in his SBC 1974 Nova. Steve turned a 15.38 on a 15.20 dial. Here is Steve with the trophy and the Pirritano family, Marissa, Stephen and Diana.

For photos visit the website http://www.neto-nostalgia.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.