New guy, looking for history…..

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls New guy, looking for history…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ol-chebby

I’m Russ, from Charlotte, nc. I am a partner in Classic Speed and Custom, a full service hot rod shop. I have a friend who has an old wheelstander he is looking for info on.

Belongs to a friend, Looking for info on this one….came off a mountain near Ashville, nc….

Anyone recognize this?

dino
        Keymaster

Hey Russ.. Dino here in Rockingham…I did a thorough search and found O…Do the who did HE buy it from ? and go back owner by owner. Did it ever make it to the track ? No photos available….and is a repainted -redo of someone elses original ?

charlie-irving

Could that be the “Little Red Wagon” that made several appearances at Dover ?

Charlie Irving

jackman
                Participant

Someone last name Maverick ,” Little Red Wagon” in Blue 💡

dino
                    Keymaster

Bill ‘Maverick” Golden…Was At Dover …http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=708
                        This ain’t it…Many were canpaigned ….Even our Forum Member John Sachs BUILT the Little Yellow Wagon …and rebuilt it about 3 times….My guess is, this is a former wheelstander sold to new guy that liked Richard Petty colors and didn’t get too famous or successful.

charlie-irving

It appears that the original “Little Red Wagon” still exists and was sold at auction in LA back in 2009 and sold for $550,000 while it was estimated it would only sell for $300,000. That sounds like it was the original version of the wheelstanding “Little Red Wagon”..One of the selling points was that the vehicle was known for it’s 11 second wheel stands. A great classic from the ’60’s still around.

Charlie Irving

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.