New Guy

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls New Guy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    cyv

Cy Virgulto from CT here. I own the grey primered ’40 Willys pickup known as the “Psycho Willys”. This is Kevin Dunn’s old A/Gasser that I know many of you out there know. I got to meet Kevin along the way and we have become good friends. I was a kid when you guys were all out there racing, but it’s pretty cool talking to everyone and learning the history of my car. Very cool site and thanks to all of you who make me feel welcome at the reunions.

vbob
        Participant

Cy, welcome aboard !!
            Too bad ya cant bring K Dunn along for the ride!LOL!
            I keep tellin him they sell PC’s in R.I.!!LOL!!
            Hope to line up against your Willys with Pauls 34 Dover tribute car !!!

‘Video’Bob

Attachments:

cyv

Thanks! Yeah, I’ve been trying to get him to catch up with technology. He actually told me about the site. How about Paul’s car? That thing is awesome! Nice guy. I was parked next to him at the CT Dragway Reunion. Unfortunately I didn’t bring my camera.

anonymous

i used to live right down the street from keven on seaside ave. in stamford. i owned the speed shop in the cove, speed specialties. used to see the willy,s all the time it was yellow then.i think he worked for an oil company in darien.

cyv

Yep, that’s the one. It started out blue, then he painted it yellow after chopping the top. He kept tabs on it through the years and as far as we can figure it really didn’t run much between him and I owning it. When I got it, there was nothing left to it. He worked for an oil co. in Darien. I talk to him a couple times a week. A great friend.

dino
                        Keymaster

You need to tow that thing down to me in the winter and have us Do It Up right ! -Paintwise .Period correct ! as in “Prock& Howell” willys or even “World’s fastest Hippie” ……lace-pearls-airbrush-REAL hand lettering. swingin sixties Gasser Madness ! thats what these young guys have to see …the way it was ! (shameless plug for Dino’s Custom Paintworks 8-))

cyv

Sounds cool! I was originally going to paint it blue, like the old SW+C coupe, but the fiberglas is so old and brittle on the doors and nose, I was afraid it might crack. Well, it did so I’m glad I waited. Touch-ups are easy. All I do is whip out the ol’ spray bomb and she’s good as new! LOL!

Any money I spend on it, not that I have any, will be performance upgrades. It runs in the 11’s, but I really want it faster.

Ps- checked out your site, you do nice work.

dino
                                Keymaster

RE: Kevin Dunn: just got off phone with him ….NEW ODF member ! “getting” a computer” not online yet, but will be. Has much to offer and didn’t know he’s in same state as Billy Casey (R.I.) gettin’ ’em together .

cyv

Wow, really! Good for him! I tell you, I’ve learned a lot from Kevin. I’m sure he’ll be pleased to find a lot of his old friends are on this site.

vbob
                                        Participant

here ya go Cy

Attachments:

cyv

Very cool! Thanks Bob!

dino
                                                Keymaster

Hey! is that T-bucket in the back ,the one sought at the photos heading ?

dino
                                                    Keymaster

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cy ! getting to the ODF area

cyv

Hey, thanks Dino! I feel it. (I don’t act it though)

seabake
                                                            Participant

Was only at Englishtown a couple of times. Got the same picture as V-Bob, but from a different angle.

Look at the T-Bucket, 3 guys standing by it, guy next to the T-Bird. Same guys in V-Bob’s pic.

Rode down with Nick Pach, met Moroso and Dunn there. Dick set the new D/msp record.The first step to national fame.

Never met Kevin till that trip. Also a guy with a ’66 Maroon Chevelle. Skip Brown? Does that sound right? Back of pictures say 1966. Took me awhile to figure out how to scan these.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.