NEW GUYS —-CHECK IN!

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls NEW GUYS —-CHECK IN!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

LOT OF NEW names on board in the last few months…All right all you ‘lurkers” …time to pony up and fill us in …Run Dover ? Car -class- wins -photos …. lets hear it .THATS how so many have found their old freinds accross the country!

striker59

I was a pit crew member for Toms Speed Shop out of Lindenhurst NY, Tom Ingrao was the owner and driver of AA/FD and we primarily raced at NY National Speedway. I was a teenager and this was in the late 60’s early 70’s. He had a friend, Bernie Shacker, also from Lindenhurs, who also ran in AA/FD. Went to many event’s in the northeast. My memory isn’t that good but I’m sure we ran Dover and Englishtown. I specifically remember Englishtown because that track had the rollers to start the dragsters. In those days there wasn’t any motor rebuilding between rounds unless you broke something. One time at National we had to change a head gasket and his next run he turned in his fastest speed, 223 MPH, we were very proud of that run. I’m 60 now and live in TX, lost contact with Tom, last I heard he moved to FL.

dino
            Keymaster

Striker…Check this topic for All the info on the old Top Gas Curcuit !
                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2934&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

dino
                Keymaster

just digging around in ODF Galleries….Found This

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

………….and this …thats Dover ! Running Ron Rivero in K&G ‘Frantic 4″ car and East Coast Headers Too.

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Piels Real Draft ?-Remember?..These Guys had Bud on theirs..(Name The CAR?).Think Shott Ran with you with a light Load of Nitro to make a Back-up for a 4 car field…Just for referance …all and more found in Gallery 11 of T.O”Shea collection-ODF Premium Members Gallery. Oh- Also there that day …plenty of Jr Fuelers ,including Frank Biscoglio’s “Third Rail” ,Bruce Hertel -Dodge Boys and George Brazee.

Attachments:

striker59

Dino, that’s great, thanks for the pictures. That is Tom in the first picture! And the wagon pushcar was the one I drove when no one else was available.

fitter52

ooook, finally gettin round to this…ran a 61 vette stock elim k/s have a stock elim time slip and a page from winners list…prob around 69 or 70,,then built a 49 anglia…(got in the hot car pits with the big boys) but it kept breaking lol so i went some years just helpin others…….then spent time at englishtown with super pro bantam altered the super pro c&f red for a few years now at 59 yrs old im gonna try a bike…am i nutts??? see u all at lebanon ronnie

mac1va

Hi all! My name is Vincent. From Hicksville, NY Just getting back into racing, been out of it for awhile raising my family(twin daughters). Building a 71 Monte Carlo street/strip car. I raced at Westhampton dragway occasionally but mostly I was working on friends cars. I had about 54 running driving registered cars so far. Not sure how many times I will get to the track when the Monte is finished but i will try.

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Vinny, welcome aboard the good ship Dover Drag Strip .com!!HELLLLLLLLOOOOW LONG ISLAND !!!!
                                            A lot of us went through the same thing girlfriends ,diapers ,college!!!!NOW,its time for Vinny to have fun !!!
                                            Don’t be a stranger,the good ship DDS docks every weekend in a port near you!!!!
                                            Got pictures?? Postem!Get that Monty up n runnin the clock is a runnin!!!
                                            Great ta have you aboard!!! Enjoy the ride!Find your way off The Island and head upstate to The Valley !!!August 20th and 21st !!!

‘V’

babycakes
                                            Participant

Welcome to the no#1 forum to be Vinny,your never too old or to late to enjoy the ODF site,the members get to be the best of friends to converse with.Keep us updated on your ‘hot rod’ project!

39pontiaccoupe

Hey everyone,just joined the site. I’m John Johnson and my son Kevin Johnson & I campaign a 68 Camaro Nostalgia Funny called Glory Daze. It’s an old Logghe chassis,coil sprung 110″ car. I’ll post a picture later. Just wanted to do an introduction for now. 😀

striker59
                                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

just digging around in ODF Galleries….Found This

I think “The Outsider” was the name of the dragster when Tom first bought it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.