new guys

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls new guys

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    super-sport-pete

hi, i am pete skirkanich. went to dover 66-76 raced71-76 .had 63 impala ss j/s ,67 ss396 74-76 bracket 1 fron stratford ct back then .went to conn dragway till closed first time then traveled to island ,englishtown ,ny national, even westhampton,to race. then back to conn dragway when it reopened under the partnership.got too costly, sold car ,trailer,and truck bought real estate1984.went to lebanon valley for some friday test sessions a few years ago with my 64 ss chevelle had fun.250 mile round trip for 12 sec car. nice track.have also been to some dover reunions.you guys do a great job.

dino
        Keymaster

Welcome ….Still have the Chevelle?…See topic -Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia drags ! Lets race !

vbob
            Participant

HEY

PETE !!
                Welcome home, hugs n kisses !!!
                Got pics? did ya join ODF? Got friends that went to DDS with you? Getem on board!!
                I bet if you have a boat its name is the S S Pete !!!!
                See you at Island for the fist DDS race in a looooong time!!!

‘V’

tomblake
                Participant

SUPER SPORT PETE….good to see another racer from Stratford. When I started racing at Dover I lived in Stratford also. A 12 sec 64 Chevelle sounds like a fun car to drive on the street.

dino
                    Keymaster

Our new “Greeter” …Video Bob …on the case

super-sport-pete

hi bobby. after 6 months my wife(the pc guru of the house) got me a new hand me down 2002 pc,and loaded the program from papsmurf.this is a trial and error thing,but its happening.keep up good work on site,without you guys the memory would not be working.

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Working just Fine in the photo post dept.! Nice work SEE …you can do it …Ya can tear down a motor and be ready for next round SO why let a little mouse intimidate you? I see the back end of Feola’s vette in the other lane And since Al’s Dog house is orange …It must be 69 or later. Photos help to keep the memory jogged !

masracingtd1167
                                Participant

Ok Dino who is the starter in that picture?

dino
                                    Keymaster

Looks like Roy Boutin filling in …Maybe Al went to do a 10-100 😀

super-sport-pete

me again. it is roy.photo taken early 1974.no class on car? #13,must have broken something that day.ran as ss a few times MAYBE that year and then ran brackets.this was a warmed up street car at the time.had a lot of fun that year.i won the summer jam in bk 1 and r/u koh.car had bolt in roll bar,so must have been brackets.that is what most of drag racing is now in one form or another.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.