New Member Doo Wopp Doug

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls New Member Doo Wopp Doug

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    doowoppdoug

Hello,
        My name is Douglas De Shon I was born and raised in Yonkers NY lived there for 60+ years,Then moved to Texas in 2004. While living in Yonkers back in the late 60’s – 70’s I was a member of the OUTCAST Racing Team NHRA Charter Club. I raced a 1957 Chevy Ragtop and then a 1957 Chevy Panel Delivery in JR stocker. As a member of the club I also was a freind of Sandy C. and Ronnie V. of C&C Gulf station on Nepperhan Ave. Yonkers, Who raced a 1940 Willy’s called the “OUTLAW”. Which mostly raced at Dover. I raced at Dover a few times myself, But Due to our club being a NHRA Charter Club I mostly raced at Suffix County raceway or also knowen as West Hampton Dragway. Also raced at Englishtown NJ. Until 1972-73. Then faded away and selling both cars due to family and funds. Then got involved into DJ’ing Oldies in local bars in Yonkers and Hastings NY. Did this until the late 90’s. Then got back into car’s again buying a 1983 Camaro z28 until I crashed it in 2002 on the Taconic Pkwy. Then buying a 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr post. Started attending Car show mostly in upstate. Then moved to Texas in 2004 Which then I bought a second car being a 1957 Chevy Panel Delivery. At this time joined a local car club Westside Classic Cruisers where I show my cars and spinning the oldies for everyone to enjoy. Bring Back the good ol’ days. Also wanting to return to drag racing in the Panel Delivery at a local dragway here in Texas.
        Thanks for allowing me to be part of this fourm.
        Douglas De Shon

vbob
        Participant

HEY

Dino,another Prodigal Son comes home,you know the sctick,get that fatted calf,rings robe sandals,strike up the band get those engines warmed-up !!
            Welcome home Doug, RAMA A DAMN A DING DONG !!!
            WOW all the questions are answered,Doug must have been doin his homework !!!
            One thing GOT PICTURES???
            Get your buddies on board that went to the fast track in Wingdale!!
            Hastings,I was in Hastings on The Hudson and Dobbs Ferry last week !!
            Good ole rt 9a!!
            Thanks for gettin onboard the SS DDS Doug !!!
            Good luck with the 57 post some pics !!
            Have a good ride !!

INNNN THE STILL OF THAAAAAAAA NITE

‘V Bob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.