New Old Guy

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls New Old Guy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dynodan1968

Just returned from a trip to the East Coast to clean out Mom’s garage(selling the house). Found a box of 8 Dover Drag strip trophies, one has a date on it (1968). Brings back many wonderful memories. So I Googled DDS and lo and behold! PS I ran a 42 Ford coupe in D/Alt, wasn’t much to look at but I sure had fun!
        Thanks for the memories. Dan W.

Attachments:

patina
        Participant

Dan Welcome. I was just thinking to my self yesterday while looking at where Dover guys are at now , that there are not to many on the left coast that write in. So I hope you post some stuff so that this site gets bigger as it gets smaller geographicaly. Where were you from in the east?

Pat

dino
            Keymaster

great to here from ya …If ya want …send those photos E-mail, at 300 dpi. I’ll clean ’em up like this one.

dynodan1968

I lived in Wappingers Falls but was a member of the Crankmasters Car Club in Hopewell Jct.. I did a lot of Tuning/travelling with Joe Kenney (RIP) and was good friends with Doug Smith and Pat Henneberry(Sixfiend), all three were members of the Crankmasters.

Pat should post some info about his earlier car “The Tallman” which was (I think ) a 53 Chevy also powered by a 6 cylinder and his later car, the Chevy truck 6cyl motor powered 68 Camero.

Uncle Sam(US Navy) took me away from Drag racing in late 1969 and and a college degree after that sent me to the West coast for employment.

I do not have many pictures other than one or two more of my 42 Ford and possible some of other cars at Dover. I’ll see what I can find, someone my like to see them.

Thanks again,
                    Dan

dino
                    Keymaster

You have some ‘catching up to do here !…Get a bag of chips…an adult beverage and Cruise the Forum…”It’s Probably” already here…Use search feature.
                        Pat H ? >>>> click on this :
                        http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=988&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=six+fiend

………..Also, Add your 2cents Here:

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1541

woodysloat

Dan, I think I remember you and your younger brother, Joe. I was a member of the Cranksmasters that joined in the early 70’s. I remember you had just been discharged from the service and tinkered with the Crankmaster’s Club Car. I think it was a 1955 sedan Delivery. I had a 1967 Nova SS, color black that I raced in Super Stock. It was a street car, so I only ran for the Trophy. I still have all the trophys and my tool box is still covered in “kill” stickers. Did you live on Cedar Hill Road in Wappingers and what ever happened to your brother Joe? Woody Sloat

dino
                            Keymaster

Welcome Aboard WOODY !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.