New Photos in the ODF Gallery! …over 650!

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION New Photos in the ODF Gallery! …over 650!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Incredible Addition !,thanks to Kevin Dunn tracking Down the late Bill Cullin’s Dover Collection. And Our Thanks to Brian M. for coordinating the conversion of these photos from original slides to CD. Mostly ’63,’64 & ’65, with other years too.
        This adds over 650 new and unseen photographs to the ODF gallery!

REMEMBER, you must be an ODF member to view the gallery, so if you’re not yet, stop missing out on the World’s Largest Dover Drag Strip photo Gallery!…..join today! Just follow the link below and you can gain access to the now, almost 3,000 photographs, available exclusively to our ODF members.

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/howtojoin.htm

dino
        Keymaster

I looked Quick And Pulled Some Teasers……

Attachments:

maso
            Participant

Excellent… Excellent indeed…!!!

Bravo…!

Do I see a picture of Hugh Tucker’s fabulous Street Roadster in there…? In 1962-2…? But that doesn’t look like Dover.

The brown Dragmaster in “Mixed Years” with the wedge and the long MoPar ram intake manafold is interesting. Those intake manafolds were available on the Chrysler 300 series and that was the first in production. The short ram came a year or two later. Nice picture of Jay Broderick there too. I knew him well.

I see Bobby Lagana’s Plymouth there with that battery mounted up high on the rear. How’d he get away with that…?

dino
                Keymaster

I’m sending back the slides AND A CD to Kevin of all the shots…he’ll drive the guy at Walmart photo counter nuts!

dino
                    Keymaster

Just got this note from ‘roxrec’ :
                        …crunched up Coppola Motors A/FX – I was in the timing shack at the finish line when the car went over the guardrail. As I remember, the rear shocks had been removed (after inspection) during the match race with Billy L. Whatever the case, the car just started hopping under braking and went totally out of control.

tomblake
                        Participant

It is hard to believe that when I first found the Dover site the pictures of our cars was very limited. In this collection alone I found 10 pictures of cars we ran, some are in the background but they are there and recognizable. The picture of the ’37 Ford is the best picture I have seen.
                            It sure does bring back lots of memories.
                            Special thanks to Kevin Dunn and Bill Cullin.
                            It is amazing there are so many picture, movies and memories all in one place of our old racing days.

maso
                            Participant
                                quote TomBlake:

… The picture of the ’37 Ford is the best picture I have seen.
                                … Special thanks to Kevin Dunn and Bill Cullin.
                                It is amazing there are so many picture, movies and memories all in one place of our old racing days.

The quality of Bill Cullin’s photography is because those pictures were found on slides like the ones that we used to put in those old Kodak “Carrosels” and project onto movie screens and not found on old prints. Dino and Smurf found a way to digitize them and that accounts for the excellent quality. Now, let’s see if we can locate other slide picture colllections sitting around in peoples attics crying to be let free…eh…?!

dino
                                Keymaster

Have Original Archived Files in Big file size…We’re still working on Providing A Photo Disc of all the ODF Gallery .That way Disc owners could print out at Greatly increased quality Than what is available now by copying from the site…. and by using this Photo program, could Crop,edit and Size to there own desire…even go to Walmart or Photo store and Do a Poster size. Almost ready ….so be patient. Do stuff like THIS…..

Attachments:

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

HOLY ——- HOCKEY PUCKS !!!!
                                        What pics!!!!
                                        I took 8mm movies that day !!!
                                        200mph OH MY GOD !!
                                        Two 12 inch black marks all the way to Pawling !!

‘V’
                                        ……………….AND you’ll See V-Bobs coverage of Big Daddy in the “Big Video”!

hvy70ss
                                        Participant

All I can say is WOW!!! They have to be some of the best pics in the collection. I remember slides were “the way to go” back in the day. The quality is right up there with todays digital on some. Dino…I FINALLY found an excellent pic of Casey’s Super Pumpkin II Camaro in the Mixed Years collection. Thanks again to all that made these pics happen on the site.

Bob Smith

maso
                                            Participant

Okay…

Somebody answer my curiocity about this, if you can.

In Bill Cullin’s pictures… I see a picture of a beautifully prepared AA/SR by Halliday and Robertson in bc63_1 and then in bc63_2 I see another picture of Hugh Tucker’s fabulous AA/SR that won out at Indy that year.

What do any of you know or remember about this beautifully prepared AA/Street Roadster…? I must have not been there that day. That’s pro… all the way. They used Oldsmobile engines in the early days because at first you couldn’t bolt up a B&M Hydro to any other engines yet, think SW&C or Ohio George…

My Question: Was there a paid match race that day between those two cars…???

dino
                                                Keymaster

DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND And To Show ALL just the caliber of these New Shots …Heres another Look inside the Bill Cullen Collection.

Attachments:

maso
                                                    Participant

It goes to show that digitized slides make for much better clarity than digitized photo prints.

I have got to think that there must be more photography out there and put away in people’s attics and basements just screeming to be let free for us to appreciate. And I want to see them. 😎

dino
                                                        Keymaster

More coming…Video Bob was stopped by someone at E-Town, who saw his Dover Shirt….Didn’t know about the site , but has a “Box” full of photos for us…V-Bob on the case …Plus Brian just got more last week in Bethel,Ct, and going out again with more leads to follow.

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

I looked Quick And Pulled Some Teasers……

That is the A & B Speed Shop Comp Coupe of Ade Knyff and Bernie Regals of Massachusettts. They ran it at Conn Dragway and at Cordova Ill. where they ran 140 mph in 10 seconds according to the book: Cool Cars, Square Roll Bars 2006… Photos and Recolections of the Fifties Hot Rodding in New England, Editid by Bernie Shuman It’s all there on page 188 and 189. My name is mentioned in this book too. It’s a good resource for our researches here at DDS dot com.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.