new ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING new ride

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    howie

Hey Bill,
        I have an article that shows you ran at dover that I need to scan and post. I will be starting on the rampbed truck, and the afx next week. I have some pics but not enough to post so will do when I get further. What is the dimension of the scoop to the back of my hood? Someone said 3/4 of an inch. I am looking at bringing a car to bowling green this summer just not sure which one.

Howie

storm-king-2

Howie – If your talking about the original Hemi hood scoop, I think it fit right up against the back edge of the hood. I’ll have to find some pictures to be sure. If you come to BG maybe we’ll get you to bring our 440 that’s stored over at James. Hope I can have the Scamp running by then. The fenders & hood for it are next up after I get all the parts done for Gary’s Dart.

Bill

ps Mathew driving yet?

howie

Recieved these from gary this afternoon so here goes.

Attachments:

howie

Here is a shot of the mold I believe. I remember doing this with gary to my 65 belvedere fender and boy was it hot that day of working on it.

Attachments:

howie

That is one stretch job. Now to get to work on mine.
                        Howie

Attachments:

storm-king

Thanks for posting, Howie.
                            So this is our first fender out of the tool; the first shots being of just the stretched fender before we altered the wheel well on the fender.
                            The last shot is of it after we moved the wheel well forward, and as Howie reminded me, I didn’t include a picture of it with the whole car. I’ll fix that tomorrow and Howie can post again.

howie

Here is a side view. I like it. Can`t wait to line up against it for some fun in the sun.

Attachments:

storm-king-2

Howie – That is the stock steel fender that we set alongside the car for comparison. The stocker weighs 23# , the carbon one is 4 1/2#, will probably wind up around 5# by the time we splice it together & add some backup core.
                                    Bill

howie

Heading up to marks to drop off the hood and decklid for the afx. Cant wait till it gets further along on the altercation. Got them 51 inch torssion bars and mark has brought out the ole tool fixtures that had the measurements written on them so it should go quick.

Howie

storm-king

Good for you, Howie. As soon as you get some pictures of it, you need to start your own thread here on it.

howie

Gary,
                                                Any further progress? These projects swollow money faster than I can throw at it. Luckily I am down to 4 but working them one at a time. AFX is first on the list. Got my steel nose for my daytona project last week. It`s on a shelf waiting its turn.
                                                Howie

storm-king

I’ve got the Dart tucked away at the house; which has a really small two car garage in it. Can’t work on it here right now. We moved out of the huge building over the Holiday’s; our entire plant is in storage in 5 semi trailers while we find a new place. Very frustrating. We’ve got work backing up on us.

[See the Dover Trophies !!!! -edit-dino]

Attachments:

bossguy

say Dino, could we start a poll on the forum as to whether or not the Dart should have the rear axle moved up? I think they should!! What does the rest of the forum think? Talk about peer group pressure!

anonymous

Hi Guys,

I say no. Bill has the right idea. If you ever drove a AWB Funny Car you know it was a job to get it to the finish line. The way he is building the car is correct and should be a stable ride. Several of the Funny darts of that day that I saw did not have the rear wheels moved up. Dick Landy told us that he would never drive Plain Busted with the short wheel base that we first had.

Hey bill, NHRA for 2009 has a 20lb fire system rule on any front motored blown car on gas or alky.

Wish we had more time to talk with you and Gary at the Dover Fest.

Regards
                                                            Andy Panessa

storm-king

Same here Andy.
                                                                I’m kind of an anti-NHRA guy. I’m not going to try to certify the car. It probably would, I’m just not going to. No funny car cage. Fire bottles aren’t a bad idea for a blown car. I’m probably going to put one of those new Moser 8.75 fabb’ed rears in it, just too good and inexpensive to boot. Bill and I have been wanting to manufacture new 8.75 housings but can’t seem to get started on it.
                                                                My interpretation of the rule book is I don’t need to cert if for low nines, high eights. I could be wrong aboout the high eights. But it’s not going to NHRA events other than HHR at Bowling Green. If they don’t like it, I’ll just display it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.