NEW YORK TIMES (Web) FEATURE on Dover

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION NEW YORK TIMES (Web) FEATURE on Dover

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Seems through the efforts of Al Baran..A New Yorks Times feature writer e-mailed me with interest on doing a story on Dover And the website! Just got off the phone with him….Jim Motavalli .Gave him truckloads of info …could hear him typing in the background. He’s calling back for more info, and will register on forum soon (wants to get into the photos ) We’ll be cluing him in on the Reunion-Nostalgia Drags And of course ALL OF YOU, and your racing stories .Let the “Revival continue”.

dino
        Keymaster

Ok ….latest here ….Jim is submitting it up sometime TODAY to the ONLINE version of the New York Times ,with the possibilty of getting picked up for the ‘print’ version.Said maybe too late for Sunday Edition If picked up ,But never know. About Jim …Drives a ’63 Dodge Dart convertable AND has an on air jazz-folk radio show at WPKN …He’s in Fairfield,Ct.

dino
            Keymaster

Jim just confirmed it should show up today ‘sometime’ at http://www.nytimes.com . And ‘the powers that be” make the decision if it’s “print worthy” in addition to being at their website. Can’t imagine how many ‘hits’ they get “world -wide”…. 😮
                once I see It …I’ll post a Quick Link He sent me a partial proof and it mentions the Reunion – Nostalgia Drags – Bunch of stuff.He really wrote a great piece., well hey – he’s a pro at it!

randy-fish

I hope you told him how your cause and tireless efforts have received continuous support in a prominent, nationally-distributed enthusiast magazine :geek:

dino
                    Keymaster

Oh YES …You Were mentioned BY name …Applauded for your support and told him all about all the things Drag Racer Mag. did .This is for his “Wheels” Blog and hope the big boys want to run it in the paper.Sent him 5 photos …guess we’ll find out .

dino
                        Keymaster

Hasn’t shown up on Their website yet ??? I’m ‘thinking ‘ maybe they liked it so much…it’s been chosen to run in Print. Anyone with a N.Y.Times subscription- Keep on the lookout .Once Jim submits a story ,It is up to Editors to choose its Insertion-type and date.

dino
                            Keymaster

Just Got Posted at THE New York Times website!
                                http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/10/memories-of-a-new-york-dragstrip/#more-54355

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

more… see it all by clicking on link above .

Attachments:

tomblake
                                    Participant

Pretty nice article in a pretty big newspaper. It is amazing the interest and the press the Dover track and the web site has gotten. And we can say we were there.

patina
                                        Participant

Kudos Dino 🙂 great article in a world wide paper this thing just gets better and better. Maybe the powers that be read the article and decide that a 50th anniversary would be a good idea. Like “Alices Restaurant Massacre” its a “movement”

Pat

don-kauer

VERY COOL …………..We made the BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

john-sachs-sr
                                                Participant
                                                    quote donkauer:

VERY COOL …………..We made the BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

DITTO………………. 😎 😎

dino
                                                    Keymaster

We can ALL thank Al Baran for gettingthe ball rolling…I just supplied the photos and some facts. I think in this new internet info world, maybe its better than traditional Print versions.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

In case ya didn’t notice …Our Own Number one Ambassador VIDEO BOB was the second comment at the story !!!
                                                            THANKS V-Man 😉

He Wrote:
                                                            Video Bob Bartkus
                                                            Connecticut May 11th, 201010:23 am
                                                            Hey, great piece on Dover Drag Strip.I went there every Sunday!!
                                                            I still have all my pictures and 8mm movies!!
                                                            Too bad someone can’t build another drag strip in Wingdale,N.Y.I bet it would be a BIG money maker for the local area! There is not another drag strip within 100 miles of Wingdale!
                                                            Visit the Dover Drag Strip site and take a look at the thousands of pictures they have posted.You can almost smell the the nitro and the rubber burning!!

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Hasn’t shown up on Their website yet ??? I’m ‘thinking ‘ maybe they liked it so much…it’s been chosen to run in Print. Anyone with a N.Y.Times subscription- Keep on the lookout .Once Jim submits a story ,It is up to Editors to choose its Insertion-type and date.

I work on the loading dock of the Miami Herald and we distribute, but don’t print the NYT. I saw today’s edition here and the Jim Montavalli article was not in it. However as with all other major newspapers there are various editions, some early and some late and then others zoned for this area or that area so the Jim Montavalli article might just be in one edition and not in another edition. That’s how newspapers work these days.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.