Newbie from NH

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Newbie from NH

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    xdragnewsphotog

Hi everyone, new member here from NH. I worked for the New England rep of Drag News as a photographer from 1969-72. Looking forward to checking out the discussions on the forums

patina
        Participant

Welcome aboard xdragnews. Where you at the New England hot rod reunion? Take any pictures?

Pat

xdragnewsphotog

patina, Thanks for asking. Yes, I was at the NEHRR last year and actually I did shoot the event for the WDIFL and Cacklefest.com websites. It was the first time I had shot an event since 1972. About the only events I attend now are the nostalgia type events. My avatar is actually me out in Bakersfield in 2011 getting to cackle the “Banshee” AA/FD from Australia. The 2010 CHRR in Bakersfield was the first time I had been back to a track since 1972 as well.

patina
                Participant

OK now what’s the WDIFL 🙄 🙄 🙄 If you havn’t already guessed I want to know if you shot any pictures of my car at the NHRA NEHRR 😮 😮 😮 The only guy I knew up there is our friend Les Madus. My friend “Bucksnort” took this.

Pat

Attachments:

xdragnewsphotog

patina, WDIFL is the “We Did it for Love” website, basically devoted to AA/FDs and AA/FCs from back in the 50-80s. Unfortunately I don’t have any of your car as I was mostly up on the wall during the running of the pro cars. Do you race at NED a lot? I’ll keep you in mind if you do and try and get some shots for you if I can. I’m not going to shoot for the web sites this year as I didn’t really enjoy the NEHRR as much as I should have because having to be on the wall instead of being down in the pits with the reunion guys. I do take stuff from up in the stands occasionally when I go to NED, which is usually the Fri of the National event, the New England Hall of Fame day in Aug and of course all the days of the reunion.

dino
                        Keymaster

Hey “X”…Dino here…Welcome aboard the good ship DDS.com. Check out our “Nostalgia Drags” topics…Contact Me …I’ll set ya up with VIP pass for event Photog status this year..(.Yes Les …You Too). Your location would be helpful to ‘get the word’ out on the event in N.H. & Vermont. I’ll be in Touch about that.oh- Got any old Drag News Coverage from the early days on Dover???

xdragnewsphotog

Dino, I might be able to help if something is happening at NewEngland Dragway, that’s the only place I go now, I have quite a few issues of Drag News from late 68 thru June of 72, I’ll have to see about digging them out to see what might be there from Dover. It’s taking me some time to figure out my way around this place… this old guy isn’t to swift on the computer…LOL Hey I did manage to find my way to the new peeps area!! I’m looking forward to the CD I ordered from the store to see how many cars I remember from Conn may have run there.

dino
                                Keymaster

“X” …you’re doing better than most…like riding a bike…once ya get …away ya go.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.