Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Newbie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    396l35

I just wanted to say thanks for allowing me to join this cool site and I plan on having some late nights looking and reading all the posts. Im in the process of restoring a vintage super stock 69 camaro out of St. Louis called “Orange Sunshine”. Im actually changing the name to Super Rat II after the Jim Kirby’s 68 camaro funny car that was sponsored by Dick Harrell in 1968/69 then after he left Harrell’s team he changed it to Super Rat. I guess Im pretty lucky because Jim lives about a 1/2 mile away from me and have become friends with this local racing legend. Here is a couple of photos of Jims car and then my car. Mark

Now my car…

anonymous

Hi Mark,

Welcome to our world. Looks like you have a nice project going with the Camaro.

Regards,
            Andy Panessa

396l35

Thanks for the warm welcome. Its been tough to find period race pieces but I have located everything to put this car back on the road/track down to some staight up/down wheelie bars, “say why and” tunnel ram with 660 center squirters that have a build date of late 1969, stahl cable tach, and large green line sw guages, etc… I cant wait until its done so I can take it down the 1320 and hopefully be in the high 10’s or low 11’s.

bossguy

Welcome aboard! Is that a complete 70 Boss 302 r/f fender behind the space heater in the 7th and 8th pic?

vbob
                    Participant

HEY

Heres something I found up in the attic under C !

‘V’

Attachments:

patina
                        Participant

I keep saying look in the back round of pics. Good spoting bossguy.

Pat

396l35
                                quote video Bob:

HEY

Heres something I found up in the attic under C !

‘V’

Same car Bob…

396l35
                                    quote bossguy:

Welcome aboard! Is that a complete 70 Boss 302 r/f fender behind the space heater in the 7th and 8th pic?
                                    quote patina:

I keep saying look in the back round of pics. Good spoting bossguy.

Pat

Yeah he has pretty good eyes but I say he is more like 30/30, look at the other side of the picture and tell me what is there and you could have had 20/20 vision.
                                    Those fenders are both original and I bought them for my wife who happens to be a big Ford Mustang freak. The space heater thing is actually a vintage visible gas pump with a rock shield to protect the glass. Its one of my numerous projects I have to do yet in life. Mark

396l35

Here you go Bossguy, its kinda off the subject but you would enjoy the pictures. This was found in an old junkyard that they were cleaning up by my parents house and asked if I could walk around and look. The owner allowed me to look but told me nothing was for sale and it was all going to the crusher, when I found the fender it was fliped upside down in some thick weeds and pulled it out, flipped it over and almost pissed my pants. I dropped it and ran straight to him and asked him if I could buy it from him because this didn’t need to go to the crusher, he told me $40.00 and get out of here, after I paid him I asked where the rest of the car was and he told me that was the only piece that he had left. When I got home my girlfriend which is now my wife seen the fender and wanted it so I gave it to her and my friends were pissed. Good move by me, not only do I have the fender in my back garage I was a well pleased guy until I got married. Mark

dino
                                        Keymaster

welcome aboard the good ship DDS.com ….most of the regulars beat me to it …you wouldn’t have a racer ready to run with all the goodies stashed in the garage there …would you? see our Nostalgia Drags heading…how close are you ? …Dino

bossguy

What a toy box you’ve got goin on there. If you ever want to sell the fender(s) let me know, I can post it on the Boss 302 registry for you. Jack

396l35
                                                    quote bossguy:

What a toy box you’ve got goin on there. If you ever want to sell the fender(s) let me know, I can post it on the Boss 302 registry for you. Jack

Im also a member there and located some original paper work to a 70 boss 302 and reunited the two together. A co-worker of mine bought one when he got back from Nam and sold it a few years later but kept the paper work to the car. I told him to give me the VIN # and I will try to locate it for him and I did, the car lives in CA now and the new owner and the original owner got in contact with each other and the paper work was sent in the mail. From what my co-worker told me is that he was happy to hear the car survived and gave the paper work away and free shipping.

quote dinotheweirdo:

welcome aboard the good ship DDS.com ….most of the regulars beat me to it …you wouldn’t have a racer ready to run with all the goodies stashed in the garage there …would you? see our Nostalgia Drags heading…how close are you ? …Dino

Thanks Dino, the back garage is just a storage building for me, its kinda like a holding cell until I am ready to start the work down in my house garage. The car is up in the air and ready for the sandblaster, I should have it in primer by Winter and paint by Summer. My wife and I just had twin boys 4 months ago so I dont get to work on it as much as I want too. Here is how she sits today. Mark

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.