Newguy

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Newguy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    redman

Hi all,
        My name is Red Bogart. I used to go to Dover with my brother and friends that ran their cars in the early sixties. They ran a 55 chevy called the Ulcer. They ran D/MP. When I was 16 I bought a 55 Chevy that a guy named Livesy ran at Dover. It was a six cyl. and had many wins. The rear windows were full of win stickers. I think he ran at the Winter Nationals. When I got the car, it was pretty tired, so one night I dropped a 327/350 hp. with 2 fours in it. Very fast. Sorry, lost pictures of it.

dino
        Keymaster

Hey Red …Welcome aboard…I’m guessing Warwick ,N.Y.? Near my old Haunt-Greenwood Lake…back in sixties-lot of Rock Clubs.

redman

Your right. Remember Mother`s. Saw some wild things there.

dino
                Keymaster

Ah yes…21 drinking age in Jersey…the border bandits (girls!) came over to New York where it was 18. Mothers burned down…Big Daddy’s and Long Pond Inn ring a bell? We Had same deal At Fore ‘n’ Aft In Brewster,N.Y. -Conn. was 21. ….two miles from border.

redman

Hi Dino,
                        I can`t tell you how many guys I have met over the years that made the trip to Greenwood Lake. About 90% of them raced at Dover at one time or another. I know a lot of guys wrecked navigating those roads after a night of beers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.