NON-RACER (Show-display-Spectator) CHECK IN HERE

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 1st.DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS- 2009 NON-RACER (Show-display-Spectator) CHECK IN HERE

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

For all you guys coming “to the Party” and Not Planning to run…Not Done- Doesn’t Meet NHRA tech,just your current Street rod or cruiser ….Check -in here as a reply -to fill us in. We have a number of great “under Construction” restoration Projects and some real Race Cars and Rods that will be beneficial tio display EVEN if not actually running. Everyone should Bring ’em out anyway just so all can see ! ….All Street Rods-Customs-Current Cruiser -Whatever ! ‘What are you into now kind of thing ” should relate somehow to Dover either YOU or The Car ….even if you were too young to drive and just were a spectator. I’m sure if the ride is good …nobody will be turned away . Just No 4X4. bikes or Boats or whatever else is at Format-rule topic. IF your convieniant To Danbury-Be at the REUNION to Sneak preview !

Here’s some already Committed:
        “Bad News” B/A
        “Alley-Oop” modifiers Dragster
        “Blown Hearse”

dfj369

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!
            (I’ll) BE THERE!
            w/my 69 Nova 427 YENKO Clone…
            “done” but NOT likely Race-Ready by then.
            Looking forward to it.
            Doug Fairbanks

dino
            Keymaster

Flash….this just in to the Nost-Drag news desk:
                THE ORIGINAL -RESTORED- AUTHENTIC “PACERS Automotive” ‘Tazmanian Devil’ Blown Altered…(NOT THE Reconstructed ‘Clone”) ….Will Be On Display at Our Nostalgia Drags. Current Owner BOB PETRUCELLI called to say “I’ll Be There”. He’s from Cold Springs, N.Y. ,bought it in 1967 and still owns it today .One of it’s last showings was at the Ct. Dragway reunion in 2007, shown here in Drag Racer Magazine feature.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

BILL Coleman Needs A “Ride” to haul the “Blown Hearse” in the “Under Construction ” phase…as he’s hauling the other two cars to race and needs a tow-trailer Volunteer !

dino
                    Keymaster

Non-Racers Without Cars To Show ….”One of the Bunch”- Check in ! MASO’s Coming from Florida! …So Is M&M RIch !

dino
                        Keymaster

This is Interesting…From Mo. !

Dean:
                            You really hooked me man! I comin’ back for the event. Made contact with Ray Hinkley and we are getting together to make the trip to Island Dragway on Sunday. This really is gonna be fun!
                            Received the ODF packet the other day. What a great deal. I love the t-shirt and the enclosed items. Gonna frame the event poster.
                            Hope we get a chance to talk a bit on Sunday. I want to share a short story about the Tiny Tim Volvo and my life as an adult (?).You are doing great work with the site making a place for us geezers to relive a whole bunch of great memories. Can you believe we are over 60? I never thought we would make it to 40!

Scott Peper
                            Gladstone, MO
                            Board of Directors, Treasurer
                            Volvo Club of America

……………………..Note :Scott is originally from Katonah,N.Y. …old Schoolmate – Dover Reg.-Dino

dino
                            Keymaster

Les M. JUST SENT THIS:
                                Dino….
                                While just browsing the web site, I came across the Woodstock / Dover posts…… The Prock & Howell coupe, which later on became the , Ellison/MaGarvey car, now resides in Westchester County, NY…
                                My friend and fellow Westchester Street Rod Association member, Walter Hasselman purchased the car…..
                                He hopes to bring the car to Island Dragway for the Race.
                                The car has been semi-restored at Bobby Lagana’s shop in Eastchester… Big Al’s Toy Box in Gaylordsville, CT freshened the motor…..But the chassis has not been upgraded to meet today’s safety standards….. Bottom line, can’t race the car….
                                Les

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Just in From “Mr.J’ …famous New Jersey Airbrush Lettering master (Did Jungle Jim Funny cars) :

Dino, hope to be there on the 7th. I’ll bring Gerdes & any of the “Circus” survivors I can find, “J”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.