NOSTALGIA DRAG CAR LETTERING ‘by Dino’

Forums Forums FORUM MEMBER’S BUSINESS NEWS NOSTALGIA DRAG CAR LETTERING ‘by Dino’

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

With the resurgence of Nostalgia Drag Cars…AND since many were not aware of my “history” in Lettering Drag Cars going back to Sixties…First Drag Car was Drakes Comet , First real Rail, ‘The ShottgunExpress”. I’ve decided to Drag out All the old tools,tricks and Offer ‘Period correct” hand lettering for anyone building a Nostalgia car.Pinstriping-Gold Leaf-Airbrush work.We’ve downsized the Sign business and can now devote more time to my “first love”. Since being in N.C. since ’93 ,I thought a Photo gallery here would show you what we STILL do.There’s nothing worse than lettering a Nostalgia racer with Vinyl sign making equip… Ruins the whole authenticity. They didn’t have it back then.(Pre-1980) Did it Then …Do it Now ! Have Brush-Will travel …Have gone on legit “Road Trips “, to work at car owners Garages…Pay for Dino’s Shipping -rail -rental car- or Air …And I’m yours for a day or two ! Call for qoute on your latest project. Can Duplicate & Recreate Original Lettering from vintage photos. !

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Here’s some OLDIES BUT GOODIES…prior to ’93 move south.

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

More Golden (Pre-93) Oldies …Pat Molle still running my original lettering,as are a few others.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Found more Up-North stuff in the closet…..thats a phoney painted door handle on Genovesi street roadster. Riley’s still open in New Milford ? that was on a stock car(Jim Broderick-won best appearing at Waterford)…And Wildman Kinash!still has it !

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Was looking for something else In the Big Photo Galleries (ODF Members Area) and Found this!…my old ’55 Ford paked behind theTower in 1968…I was going to NYC every day at the time ,attending School of Visual Arts. School was a couple of blocks up from ‘The East Village” on 3rd ave. …Hippie hang-out…loved those ‘Head Shops’ for posters and buttons.My ‘”Flower Power” lettering influence. :mrgreen:

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

BadShot ,but you get the “Flower Power” Idea…did it on a number of cars …Willy Hormente’s “Devil’s Cargo” wagon…And a few others….Oh ,Who’s Car WAS this ?

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Trivia Note…That shot of Lombardo’s Willys is the “Rebuild” second car…First one that was destroyed at Lebanon, was called the “Northeast Raider” I still have the Door from that ,he presented to me after the crash. AND WILL present it Back to him In Person when I come up to Dover-Fest ,20 years later ! …found some more “in the Closet” from back then….

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Have “Amped” up the Printed Apperal “division” to include Embroidery( Hats-Golf Shirts-Sweats).We’ve researched the rates all over and feel we can not only offer superior Artwork & Design but give better rates than all those “storefront operations or on the road sales guys. Most have limited or No creative skills when it comes to the design end and customers end up with the old ClipArt ,& point & Click type faces. IF your in a club – have a team ,Business or run an event …we can sure go the extra mile for you.

dino
                                    Keymaster

I’m seeing WAY too much bogus Vinyl Lettering on Clones and “Nostalgia Cars” .Destroys the whole concept of making it look authentic. All that time & money to only blow it with Wrong lettering….Ah ….’Didn’t” have computers/vinyl back then. the 60’s and 70’s saw probably THE MOST artistic & creative Hand lettering-airbrushed-pinstriping and truley the best original “Signature” looks for Drag Cars. I’m available to Do it right…either in person OR working with your local guy to get it right…Hope he owns a brush and some paint!.

john-sachs-sr
                                        Participant

Dino,
                                            You’re as good as it gets !!!!!!!!!!!! Great artist. 😉
                                            John

babycakes
                                            Participant

I 100% agree with John Dino,you definately have a “gifted” talent,when reviewing your artwork performed on these cars! True hand lettering and graphics are “second to none” ❗ ❗ ❗

dino
                                                Keymaster

Got the word out to a few Car Builders of Nostalgia stuff, to let them know I’m here.Thanks for the kind words…Old Skool is the Best skool.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.