NOSTALGIA MOTORCYCLE / DRAGBIKE CLASS

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 8th Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2016 NOSTALGIA MOTORCYCLE / DRAGBIKE CLASS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    fastlane

SORRY BUT I FEEL I NEED TO VENT IN HERE ONLY FOR A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME THANKS. I HAVE TO SAY AM VERY DISSAPOINTED ONCE AGAIN TO SEE THE DRAGBIKE ONLY CLASS BE DOMINATED BY CONVERTED STREETBIKES IN THE CLASS. MAYBE NEXT YEAR WE CAN GET TOGETHER ON MAKING IT A TRUE NOSTALGIA DRAGBIKE ONLY CLASS LIKE THE DOVER CARS HAVE CUTOFF 1976 AND EARLIER THAT’S IT NO QUESTIONS ASKED. A LOTS OF MY FRIENDS AND FANS WHO CAME TO SEE ME RACE THIS YEAR WERE VERY PLEASED TO SEE MY BIKE RUN ALL WEEKEND BUT NOT AGAINST THE REGULAR LEBANON VALLEY BIKE RACERS WITH THROTTLE STOPS AND CONTROLERS LIKE THE SUPER COMP SUPER GAS ETC ETC ETC CRAP THE NHRA CARS RUN WITH. MY 1976 NOSTALGIA HARLEY SPORTSTER GASSER BIKE DOESNT EVEN HAVE A TACHOMETER ON IT 😆 TOO BAD THE GUY WHO BROUGHT THE TWO EARLY 60’S AND 70’S HARLEY DRAGBIKES FROM RHODE ISLAND ON SATURDAY WASN’T AWARE OF HOW STICKY THE TRACK WAS AND TRYED TO COME OUTTA THE HOLE OLD SCHOOL AND W.F.O. WITHOUT ANY WHEELIE BARS ON ANY OF HIS MACHINES AT ALL AND FLIPPED OVER WORD IS HE’S O.K. HURT HIS PRIDE ONLY A TRUE OLD SCHOOL TUFF GUY DIE HARD HARLEY DRAGBIKE RACER WHO MIGHT BE AS OLD AS 70. AND WAYNE SKINNER THE NVMDRA GUY FROM OHIO AFTER TALKING TO AL CHARLIER WHO DROVE ALL THE WAY ACROSS NEW YORK STATE FROM BUFFALO WITH HIS WIFE TO SEE THE EVENT TOLD ME WAYNE BLEW UP HIS TRIUMPH DRAGBIKE 1 WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT AND CANCELED OUT ON COMING THIS PAST WEEKEND. SO HOW ABOUT IT DINO THE GIRL POSTED AT THE RACER ENTRANCE WINDOW NO SLEDS OR IMPORTS AND THE LAST TIME I CHECKED ALL JAPANESE MOTORCYCLES ARE IMPORTS ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT WERE THERE ON SUNDAY FROM AROUND 1980 ALL THE WAY UP TO AS NEW AS 2015 MODELS. FIRST ROUND I RAN A KAWASAKI ZX-10 THAT WASNT MORE THEN 5 YEARS OLD WITH ONLY 1 EXCEPTION THE LITTLE 2 STROKE MID TO LATE 70’S KAWASAKI H-2 RED DRAGBIKE WHO WAS ANOTHER LEBANON VALLEY REGULAR WEEKEND WARRIOR UP THERE WHO ALSO HAS ELECTRONICS ON HIS BIKE ALSO. SO NOW THAT THERES A WHOLE YEAR TO PLAN FOR NEXT SEASON AND MAKE IT A BIGGER AND BETTER TRUE NOSTALGIA DOVER SHOW IN THE 2 WHEEL DIVISION FASTLANES ALWAYS HERE TO HELP. 😀

dino
        Keymaster

Chris…with all that I was doing…I was not aware of these details…Lots of last minute cancellations on all fronts …with “things” that happen…family commitments…breakage… You & I will get together of the winter and fine tune this Bike Class…Promise .We’ll get it right and that will be that. Thank you agauin for your dedication and participation. So your officially appointed the Drag Bike coordinator…with the way this is growing….I’ll start amping up more, assistants in all areas.

fastlane

Thank you Dino 😀 Fastlanes Always Here To Help. i know and saw all the madness over the 2 days we were there with hundreds of race cars entered and this will help seperate you from this area to concentrate on the most important matters the dover dragstrip guys / show area / t-shirts and goodie booth / announcer etc etc. Whew man i just got tired / dizzy thinking about everything in general you have to organize and try to squeeze in for just one weekend a year plus all the advertizing. but thanks again and yes i had a blast this weekend the bikes running great ran my best numbers so far in the nice cool clean late september air up there 11.31 at 113.38 m.p.h. late sunday afternoon before we packed up to go home. with one full year theres plenty of time for me to get these guys together and try and have a true nostalgia 6 or 8 dragbike class field next year at the 8th annual dover dragstrip nostalgia drags. be well my friend and stay in touch . fastlane 😎

fastlane

It’s Official the cutoff for this years nostalgia only motorcycle / dragbike class is now 1980 and older motorcyles per dinos blessings Thanks dino 😀 were going to put on a good old school 2 wheel dragbike show now got many folks lined up and there getting there old school cool race bikes ready as we speak 😎 fastlane. a quick example / preview of whats coming these two on the lift in the background of this photo will be in competition this year there both low 9 / high 8 second gas burning harley-davidon sportsters. going to get my current NHRA motorcycle membership and license test runs done next month. so i can ride one of these bad boys for my friend the owner who needs a rider. his brother used to pilot all three of them passed away back in 2005. YES IT’S TRUE AND THIS IS NO APRIL FOOLIN ! JOKE TODAY 😆

john-sachs-sr
                    Participant

Chris,
                        You have the market cornered. Bikes look great. 🙂
                        I may try to get up to the Nostalgia Drags this year. 😉
                        John

dino
                        Keymaster

SEE NEW HEADING at 9th Annual Topic .http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=4818 scrool up to beginning here for ‘background info’.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.