Noted Artist TO FEATURE DOVER in New Work !

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Noted Artist TO FEATURE DOVER in New Work !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

David Carl Peters,Noted West Coast Motorsports Illustrator,Has Informed us,That his next Drag Racing Legends Fine Art Illustration Will Feature one of Dovers most Famous Match Races ! .It Was June 27 ,1965,…and East would Meet West as” Dandy” Dick Landy from Sherman Oaks ,California,Would square off against one the east’s best….”Wild Bill” Flynn, from CT.. The rosen was down ,the altered wheelbase ,Injected Mopars did their burnouts to a packed,standing room only crowd ,on a perfect Dover Day at the Drags . Landy Beat ’em 3 straight AND ran a to date best 9.92 in the final round. It will all be Captured By David soon for all to enjoy! And We Will have it available at our pitside “Store” page.

Visit His Site To see Drag Racing Art at it’s Best: http://www.dragracingartist.com/servlet/StoreFront

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Here’s one of his …Remember this Car?

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

I’m going Bananas Here ! ….Just got this From ‘DCP” Now ,he normally doesn’t show works in progress SOOO0000ooo…ANOTHER FORUM EXCLUSIVE…..DOVER Made Famous AGAIN!

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

David said this on his Facebook page:”I’m doing this piece for Dino Lawrence of Dover Drag Strip. I don’t normally show works in progress,,, but this is by request from Him. I think he just wanted to see if I was really doing it…What you see here is blocking in the colors. I paint like a glorified “Paint by Number” artist…I do a detailed drawing, then paint in the spaces…Once I get the white all filled in, then I start adding contrast and toning down the shadows, then start detailing the image..”

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

He says it’s about 98% Done !….SEE:

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Attention in the pits We will very soon Have these PRINTS available in our Store ! Two sizes …Small 13 x 19 for $25.ea. and larger 13 x 27 inch version for $40. add 7.50 ship & hand. . Be first on your Block to have Davids tribute to Dover .AND WE WILL INCLUDE with Each Print Ordered Through Us …A 8X10 glossy Print of the Original Photo!

patina
                            Participant

That print is “outta site” and will be a collectors item. I was lucky to get a James Ibusuki print for my birthday back in 94 and it was signed. Now it is much sought after. I believe this print will follow the same path. Congratulations David Carl Peters on this work of art.
                                Pat

About The Print:
                                This is James Ibusuki’s first limited-edition to achieve sold out status. It was also his first painting to focus on the fascinating history of drag racing. A striking depiction of the classic A/Gas Willys coupes of “Big John” Mazmanian and Stone-Woods-Cook locked in a titanic 1964 battle proved hard to resist. The site of this blower screaming, fat fendered bash was Lions Drag Strip in Wilmington, California. Affectionately known as “the Beach,” it was the most famous quarter mile in the West, if not the whole nation. Its combination of cool
                                dense ocean air and great traction gave way to countless record breaking runs and historical achievements, which in turn, yielded the track tons of media coverage.
                                To date, “Duel at the Beach” remains the most sought after lithograph in the Ibusuki portfolio. The two most famous ‘41 Willys ever to roar down the quarter mile are as popular today as they were 40 years ago! The complete edition was autographed by “Big John” Mazmanian and the late Doug “Cookie” Cook.
                                “DUEL AT THE BEACH”
                                Image area: 12″ x 32″
                                Edition size: 850, Artist Proofs: 85
                                Year of release: 1993
                                SOLD OUT

dino
                                Keymaster

FINISHED PRODUCT ! ! …We were able to supply the Photo (In Bill Cullen Collection-ODF galleries And Dover Historical Photo Disc)in Hi-Res for DCP , Plus the actual Eastern Drag News Race Story of the day, from Brian’s Archives. His reply was….”Bitchin'”!
                                    Title: “East meets West at Dover!”
                                    Copyright 2010 David Carl Peters

Forum exclusive note from David:
                                    “There are two sizes, 13×27 is the full image, the smaller 13×19 has some of the image cropped-off, like the Xmas tree… and the prints will be signed and numbered by me in an edition of 500 for each size. The Artist’s Proofs I normally sell on ebay, they retail for twice the price of the normal prints, so you can list the A/Ps if you want..there are 18 for the large print, and 23 on the smaller one…..DCP”

……….OK Gang ONLY 500 of each signed by David.
                                    ARTIST PROOF INFO -FORUM EXCLUSIVE ! CALL ME TO RESERVE if interested.when they’re gone/they’re gone.

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

HOT FROM THE NEWS DESK —– Artist Proofs…very limited ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON EBAY…Not Many ,so gobble them up…Regular Print Runs of 500 signed & Numbered in each size ,will soon be available in OUR Store .

http://cgi.ebay.com/LATEST-PAINTING-from-DRAG-RACING-ARTIST-/220611690963?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Racing_Fan_Shop&hash=item335d7b41d3

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.