Official EVENT T-SHIRT 2013

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 5th Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2013 Official EVENT T-SHIRT 2013

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

After reviewing all the four previous years designs…and since most notable cars were featured one time or another , I’ve decided to go a diferant direction.A more Vintage look and feature a “Slice of Dover ” ,instead of a busy collage of cars. Doing the finishing artwork on a pictorial of a classic Dover Match-Up …The “Little Giant” against the” Bad News” Pick-up. Looks just like an old eliminator round with our tower in the background. Took some doing to get all the right angles and images together since no photo shows what I’m depicting.But on the Back of the shirt where we’ll feature the title sponsor : JK Motorsports …I will have a grouping of cars, some not featured in the past. First one on the list is Fred Egloff’s “Dutch Boys” wagon…along with Don’s Gold Rush roadster and ….well . . . you’ll just have to wait when I post the finished designs.

dino
        Keymaster

You’ve seen finished T-shirt art in the past …but I thought I’d show you how I start it all. Hand Drawing, complete layout inking then color separations.Scan it all into a graphics program,Then paste in the Logo art.lettering .sponsors and all the final graphic shapes & elements.That give us ready to make screen art ,ready to print. Heres the finished wheelstanding “Bad News” ,ready to give the ‘Little Giant’ A run. Photo shows me starting on the tower.

Attachments:

babycakes
            Participant

AH! The “MASTER ARTIST” at Work!!! Dino,looking ‘real’ good!!! :geek: 😉 😀 . Pete.

dino
                Keymaster

TA-DA…Will be on a off yellow colored shirt this year. Going for a “vintage” look. V-Bob at Geoge Brazees house today…. They Called and I sent George a Copy.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Fooled around changing file extensions and converting, to zoom in on actual detail,as it will print

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                        Participant

Hey Dino, As usual, you knocked it out of the park my friend ❗ ❗ 😮
                            Simply AWESOME ❗ ❗ 😆 😆 This is special to me and probably V-Bob
                            also because we grew up in the same town as George and Charlie and always
                            looked up to them ❗ Really nice to see them honored ❗ ❗ 😛 ty

Frank… 😎

babycakes
                            Participant

Frank,I totally agree,Dino, EXCELLENT job! Also Frank,’honorable’ mention to ‘Ziggy’ Sabis,and George’s brother Joe on the ‘Little Giant’s success and one of Dover’s ‘legends’!!!

dino
                                Keymaster

Final Rear of Event Shirt Artwork….JK happy! Clem….Fred…Doc…Tom…Doyle…Don…and Hellzapoppin

Attachments:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.