OLD DOVER M/C DRAGBIKE PHOTOS

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR OLD DOVER M/C DRAGBIKE PHOTOS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fastlane

LETS FIND SOME OF THESE OLD GEMS AND GET THEM IN HERE FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY. NOSTALGIA M/C RESTORER CHRIS ” FAST LANE ” RASILE FROM STAMFORD CT .

fastlane

heres a couple of old school photos of my fast orange bike back between 76 an 78 when it was first finished . it was chrome moly chassis back then the rules allowed a lighter 4.7 lbs per cubic inch for pushrod h-d style bikes to compete against the 4 cylinder japanese invaders of that era . fastlane

Attachments:

fastlane

the norm in the beginning of pro stock bike season in 1974 started with modified bikes i.e. stock type frames only and a cubic inch limit . here are some from photos of bob mauriello from n.j. with his first pro stock harley sportster bike at atco raceway. check out the old original leaf spring type wheelie bars from back then and watch what happens when they used to unload the stock shorter wheelbase style chassis up up and away ! fastlane

Attachments:

fastlane

here was the the second generation / updated longer swingarm / wheelbase allowed by the rules after the 75 season to accomadate the unloading problem with the stock chassis of three of bob mauriellos pro stock bikes . this one was stolen during a race weekend from the hotel in n.j. near atco . and was never recovered . dam thieves ! fastlane. notice the nice smooth launch and control he has off the staring line with his second bike . then my current the chrome moly chassis bike was built and raced by bob till 1978. it was then sold to a fellow named tom uzzo from brooklyn n.y. raced for a few years then went to vito in the spring of 1984 and finally me he sold it to me in august of 1984 . and its still mine today never give up on any origninal built custom drag machine 4 wheels or 2 . this is like having a old gartlits dragster in your garage from back in the day . fastlane.

Attachments:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.