Old Drag News Results

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Old Drag News Results

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Does anyone have the old drag news papers that used to list results from 1967?
        Al Baran (My name back then was Al Baranowski)

dino
        Keymaster

BRIAN is trying to track down a large stash of DRAG TIMES in Ct. IF Anybody has 61-76 Drag Times …older Eastern Drag News Or ?…Let us know….This kind of find would solve a LOT of Questions and help everything from History Page …Give Name Rememberances and more.

maso
            Participant
                quote albaran:

Does anyone have the old drag news papers that used to list results from 1967?…

Isn’t all that stuff available on CD-ROM…???

>>>Probably Not …Depends If Co is still in Bus. Most Not Except Natl’ Dragster….and If they “bothered “to do it ..BUT How ’bout somebody Digging DEEP into Library Of Congress orMajor Librarys ??? See this on TV when P.I. types look for old newspaper stuff. Jack Redd of Drag Times says he sold all back copies to a guy that doesn’t reply to e-mails or phone back : http://www.goydaracing.com and doesn’t list on his site. Looks like we have to actually FIND the real old stuff in someones possession.?

vindicator
                Participant

😆 😆 😆 HEY GUYS… THE GUY THAT “JUMPIN’ JACK” FLASH”…’OL JA…REDD… OF THE LONG HONORED(RIGHTFULLY SO…’EH)…WEEKLY DRAG TIMES/BUDWEISER “FAME”..(COULD HE HAVE BEEN THE “VOICE” OF FRANKIE..OR LOUIE IN THE OLD COMMERCIALS???!!!***)…SOLD THE DRAG TIMES TO… IS MIKE GOYDA…HE’S ACTUALLY A “GEEZER”..LIKE ME/US.. A GOOD GUY… BUT PLENTY BUSY…HE DOES A HELL-OF-A BUSINESS IN THE NOSTALGIA/COLLECTIBLE AREA…I’VE BOUGHT SOME PHOTOS OF OUR OLD STUFF FROM MIKE…STRAIGHT UP..DUDE…BUT I CAN TELL YA’ …HE AIN’T LOOKIN’ UP JUST ONE ISSUE OF DRAG TIMES…HE OFTEN HAS THAT STUFF WITH HIM @ THE YORK REUNION…INDY,ETC…IN THAT “VENUE” I THINK CHANCES ARE GOOD YOU COULD BUY/FIND SINGLE ISSUE..IF YOU NEED A INTRODUCTION TO MIKE…I OR “SPEAKING” FOR JA..WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP… 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE VISCOME

dino
                    Keymaster

Yep…Mike Goyda IS http://www.goydaracing.com (WRONG!) e-mailed AND left Phone message AGAIN …told him to get on forum and fill us in.

oops ! see Maso’s correction . . . . . . . . . . . .

maso
                        Participant
                            quote dinotheweirdo:

Yep…Mike Goyda IS http://www.goydaracing.com e-mailed AND left Phone message AGAIN …told him to get on forum and fill us in.

That link is wrong… try this one: http://www.goyda.com/home.html

vindicator
                            Participant

😆 😆 😆 HEY GUYS… JUST “REMEMBERED” SOMETHING…(AIN’T IT HELL TO GET OLD??!!)..NAW’… NOT TO WIPE.. “ME”.. BUTT!!… SOLD 40 PLUS YEARS OF DRAG NEWS,EASTERN DRAG NEWS,1320 NEWS, DRAG TIMES, DRAG REVIEW,DRAG WORLD, NATIONAL DRAGSTER TO ROBERT SIMONE, CHESIRE,CT…HE AND HIS BROTHER JOHN… THEY DO A LOT OF SWAP MEET STUFF…THEY RACED A BIT WITH BROTHER RICH…THEY’RE REAL GOOD GUYS…KNOW THEM FOR MANY YEARS..I’VE MISPLACED HIS PHONE NUMBER (AS USUAL)..BUT I BELIEVE IT’S LISTED…THEY BOUGHT ‘EM IN 2006…HOPEFULLY.. THEY STILL HAVE A GOOD AMOUNT..I’LL “DIG” FOR THE #…BUT I DO THINK IT’S READILY AVAILABLE…HOPE THIS HELPS… 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE…P.S….I FOUND IT… ROBERT’S HOME PHONE # 203-272-9485

dino
                                Keymaster

I’m Calling Him right after I post This !

Sure! No Answer…No message machine…will try again

dino
                                    Keymaster

OK ! success !…Thanks DRAKE !…just got a hold of Robert and he said it might take awhile…but he’s going to go thru all his stuff and SHIP it to me, to Scan ,upload And return …. so that worked …Drake he said his brother Richie’s livin’ right by you in Concord,N.C. and I’m e-mailing you his phone # …Dover CSI “find the missing Drag-times” case closed !

storm-king-2

Gary & I had a collection of Eastern Drag News going back to 64, up to probably 68 or 69. Several years ago Gary gave a bunch of them to Mike Duffey ( old super stock/funny car collector). I haven’t seen the rest of them since w moved to Ky last year. Hopefully they made the trip, unlike it appears, our old photo’s didn’t.

Bill

maso
                                            Participant
                                                quote Maso:

quote albaran:

Does anyone have the old drag news papers that used to list results from 1967?…

Isn’t all that stuff available on CD-ROM…???

>>>Probably Not …Depends If Co is still in Bus. Most Not Except Natl’ Dragster….and If they “bothered “to do it ..BUT How ’bout somebody Digging DEEP into Library Of Congress orMajor Librarys ??? See this on TV when P.I. types look for old newspaper stuff. Jack Redd of Drag Times says he sold all back copies to a guy that doesn’t reply to e-mails or phone back : http://www.goydaracing.com and doesn’t list on his site. Looks like we have to actually FIND the real old stuff in someones possession.?

I don’t know who posted that stuff where I changed to the color red… I didn’t… and I thought only Dino could do that.

I know that the west coast Drag News is available on CD, that’s why I thought of it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.