Old Garage on RT-44 PLeasant Valley???

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Old Garage on RT-44 PLeasant Valley???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jason-68-l78

All you Pleasant Valley area members what was the name of the Garage located on Rt-44 across from the old junk yards name?
        Charlie something, Hate or height maybe?

Also who owned or ran this garage?

Jason

bossguy

The garage was Clayton Haights, it was run by his son Charlie. Good guy, good customer. Charlie Hulzizer (gaspumpchas on here) worked there.

jason-68-l78

Is Charlie still around? So was Charlie running it in the late 60’s or his father? From what John Gunn told me he had a 1968 L78 nova at this garage. John says he bought it new from Mid hudson Chevrolet?

Jason

jason-68-l78

Thanks BossGuy the internet is one powerfull tool!! Found both phone number on white pages people search! I will try tomorrow to late to call tonight. Oh ya this is how you spell Charles Hulsizers last name. This took me a little time to figure out.

Thanks again I owe you one!

Jason

bossguy

Charlie Hulsizer goy back to me on facebook, I thought he’d be on here by now. He said Don Howe had a silver big block Nova. Don still lives in PV

jason-68-l78

I talked with Charlie today he don’t remember the car and gave me Don Howes name. I tried to call him and left him a message? Charlie did give me a name of a guy to get a hold of his name was Gary Bessken. Gary called me back today and actually remembered street racing against my car in lower Poughkeepsie he said the road name was Bedell Rd?? But he wasn’t that sure.I guess they used to race onto the on ramp then onto the highway. He said a lot of street racing went on back then. He couldn’t really remember any names but he thought the guy that was driving my car was african american? So now I have to get a hold of some street racers from back in the late 60’s???? Anyone???

Jason

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.