old timer found- Tim Hallock!

Forums Misc Forums NEW GUYS…and girls old timer found- Tim Hallock!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    timh
    • Total Posts: 20

Good to see old friends are still around ,my brother in N.Y. told me about this site.I made the black top for DOVER in our plant in BROOKFIELD CTR,CONN.I was a member of the DANBURY MODIFERS CLUB, manager at DOVER, drove ALLEY OOP b/d which was the first 9 sec. B/D in country!!!!! 9:98 backed up with a 9:92 run at DOVER with double clocks set up that day, DOVERS and N.A.S.C.A.R. they santioned DOVER, the first year.I have pictures I will send in. TIM HALLOCK

dino
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 11491

Welcome TIM ! THE man that wheeled the Original ALLEY OOP dragster of the Danbury Modifiers, Is Now on Board the good ship DDS ! and just joined ODF too! .We talked a bit ,and he’s sending never before seen photos of some early Dover Construction shots…tons of info …More to come ! He’ll also be supplying early history details for my next History Chapter ……………photo From Bill Cullen collection-ODF Galleries

Attachments:

billy-casey
    • Total Posts: 305

Tim … are you the same Tim Hallock that racer modified stock cars at Orange County in the later 60s , if so you built a 40 ford coupe for Joe Garren and Phil DiGiacomo around 1970 , they ran limited 318 , I did the motors for it , I still talk to Phil Quite often , Pat Deleone drove for us until Phil said , I can wreck the car every week , why do I need you , so he did hope everything is well …. Bill Casey

dino
    Keymaster

Billy …yes, he told me about that & said he’d send some photos.

dino
    Keymaster

Tims getting the hang of it ( Typing posts)…I’ll dig up some more shots when I get time .

mikey
    • Total Posts: 1399

Are you the Tim that drove for Walt Shubert out of Cold Spring?? I almost bought one of his modified cars, but the sponsor deal fell through. 😥 …………………….Mikey

It was the Kniesel car. 😆

timh
    • Total Posts: 20

yes i drove the A4 modifed in 1969 & 1970

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.