On a cold Dover night

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION On a cold Dover night

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Had to go to Lagrange tonight to check out some parts for an upcoming project. On the way to go over Wingdale Mountain I felt compelled to stop at the DDS entrance………It was freezing cold but for the whole 5 minutes I did not feel the cold or the darkness.Instead my mind traveled back to a better day……I could feel the warmth and the humidity of a Sunday morning and see the cars and trailers lined up going into the track and for a fleeting moment I once again had that flip in my stromach….You know the one that you don’t get anymore now that age has taken over and all the new B.S. technology rushed ahead to ruin our great time….So much easier then……So much more fun……….Miss it………It’s very cool having this site to rehash the good old days….I have a place to get lost in the past for a little time each day……Don….

tomatohead
        Participant

……….. Don I think you “Have Come Home” as “V” “Bob” would say 😀 ❗ we all share the same passion for a time gone by ….but REMEBERED ❗ …………… went I first looked at the pictures in the ODF galleys I thought I had just left Dover ❗ if you havent ck’ed them out , dont wait any longer ❗ even know it looks like You have qiut a few really good picutres yourself ❗ and I see you know Bob Ingles real well . I used to park outside his shop in bedford Hills when he would do dyno pulls on the pro stock motors . the year was 1991 😀 and man you could hear the dyno ROAR all threw Bedford Hills ❗ What a beuatiful sound ❗ ……… I used to bring all my balance job work there and Steve Dohft used to do them for me I ran into Jim Yates and Mark Puwik there couple a times real nice people . The first race car trailer I had I got from Pat Molle and he said he got it from Bob , and that it used to be Richie Zuls trailer , I usd to think that was pretty cool haveing a old trailer that those guys used to use to pull there PRO STOCKS around with 😎 ❗ so what other neat pictures you got hiding at you house ❗ ……………………………………. tomato 😀 ………..see you at the Dover Fest ❗

don-kauer

Hey, I woke up this morning and got on the DDS site as I do every morning..I actually had trouble sleeping last night after my Dover stop…You made my day waking up to some Dover fraends and stories………Bob and I have been friends since we were teenagers (about 50 years) We worked at the Shell station in Armonk and he was my introduction to drag racing. It all started on the street..I’ve watched Bob go from a 6 cyl. Plymouth flathead to where he is now. I could write a book on the stories and as time goes on I am remembering things and I will post it. Back in the day we would flat tow our cars to N.Y. National on Friday afternoon, run Fri. night ,come all the way back home (90 mi. one way) Go back out Sat. run Sat night ,sleep in the car and run on Sunday……..Crazy!!!!! we’ve stayed friends through the years with family stuff and still call and see each other. One of my longest time friends and one of the best……At the shop in Bedford Hills when they did dyno pulls, on a still night , I could hear the sweet music and I lived 15 minutes away in Kisco Park… Casey, Sachs, Valentine, Menz, Saraceni, Larigina Etc. Etc. are also my “homies” and have spent lots of time with them…………..In the 90’s I was building and running R/C drag cars and I built one for Jim Yates…I brought it to him at one of Bobs parties and Tony Saraceni took a pic of us together…..Dino has the Pic. Ask him to show it to you…………..I can’t wait to meet up with you guys so we can bench race and hang out…………..Write or call anytime

john-sachs-sr
                Participant

Donnie,
                    You need to write a book…….you’ll have us all crying. 😥 Never realized you had this “artistic” ability. 😯
                    John

john-sachs-sr
                    Participant

Just got off the phone with Donnie……………He saw and felt the GHOST of DOVER. 😆
                        We need to hope it doesn’t turn him into the Dover “Werewolf”. :mrgreen: His immediate,and extended families may never be able to get him away from that track. 😮
                        John

tomatohead
                        Participant

…. I say HELL YEA ❗ what a way to GO ❗ ❗ I am with Don ❗ I ‘d rather be hooked on Ol” Dover thing then anything else 😈 doesnt cost NOTHING ❗ ❗ or hurt to dream or remember about the past ❗ its like that “STAR TREK” when the first original of the “ENTERPRISE” capt’n , what was his name “CAPT’N PIKE” ❗ goes to that planet that you can go back in time and “LIVE” on in your dream 😈 ❗ ( cuase he had become crippled ) come on “V” BoB I KNOW you know the episode 😀 ❗ ……….. so write that book right here and dream that dream Don cuase none of us are going to live HERE forever 🙁 ………………………………………. LONG LIVE DOVER HIP HIP HARAH ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗

vbob
                            Participant

HEY
                                While were dreamin the winter away !
                                ‘V’

vbob
                                Participant

HEY
                                    Here they come !
                                    ‘V’

………………….THATS IT BOB …The Best Part !

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY
                                        am I the only one that dosn’t want it to end?
                                        ‘V’

dino
                                        Keymaster

Oh boy……Star Trek And the Ghost of Dover Past……..Ya know …Roger Garren Swears ,you can hear motors running in the background of his 1991 ‘walk-around” video…said it was real ‘Spooky” when he played back for the first time .He was SERIOUS.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Then again ….Brian has stayed late nosing around there til after dark and seen some things that didn’t make sense…..

Attachments:

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY
                                                    Here’s Dark Side!
                                                    ‘V’

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Home run V-Bob That song is one of my all time favorites …fits perfectly with “simulated” photo I did of old entrance

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Forgot to relate here…Roger Garren AND a few others swea rwhen walking the old shut down pavement they can hear engines running.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.