Original Owner of 1963 Black/Red Corvette? – Shaw Motors

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Original Owner of 1963 Black/Red Corvette? – Shaw Motors

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Chris Moore
    Participant

I’m researching the original owner of a 1963 Black exterior/red interior Corvette. It was shipped in June 1963 to Shaw Motors in Beacon, NY – about 60 miles from the Dover Drag Strip.

This car was a Fuel Injected car with the Z06 option. The Z06 option included racing performance options (suspension and brakes).

This car was fairly rare with the Z06 option and almost doubled the retail price of a 1963 Corvette. So, someone likely bought it to race.

In the late 60’s, someone painted it metallic blue, put a 1965 Corvette hood on it. A airline mechanic at the Newark airport owned it in 1971 and maybe a few years prior.  The car remained in Northern NJ for the next 40 years.  I’ve attached some pictures of the car from 1972.  The car was painted blue by this time.  Originally it was a Black/Red car.

If you remember a car like this between 1963 and 1972, please email me at chrismoore@gmail.com or call/text -415-939-6581.

Thank you,

Chris

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Chris Moore.
        • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Chris Moore.
        Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.