Photo of my Old 40 Ford

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Photo of my Old 40 Ford

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

There she is …My old 40 Ford Sedan Delivery. Drove it to work a couple of times to Dover. Had a 410 Buick and not much else. Sat on a Milk Crate to drive! Sold it to a school teacher in Brookfield ,Ct. for $400. Duh! He was putting a small block Chevy in it …working on it for about a year, when he sold it to buy a house. Ah memories .Sold it ’cause I “did” something to the the motor on a flat out pass at Dover at end of a day of racing. Made some starnge noises …no bucks to fix….so I dumped it . that and a bunch of other cars ,I’m kicking myself for not keeping.

Attachments:

anonymous

Cool car. Aren’t we all kicking ourselfs today.

Andy

tomblake
            Participant

I’ve sold a lot of cars that I would like to have back but your ’40 Ford Sedan Delivery is something a lot of people including me would like to have today. None of us could see the future when we sold our project cars back in the ’60’s, 70’s and 80’s. The 40 Ford would make an awesome project car now.

dino
                Keymaster

Forgot to tell you ….The ‘school teacher’ WAS . . .John Shimer ! he can tell ya what happened to it Next.

babycakes
                    Participant

John,what a ‘nice’ daily cruiser this would have been,not to mention a perfect tow vehicle! A ‘real’ head-turner’; even back then,how many 40 Ford ‘sedan-deliverys’ were around? Amongst your good ole memories,this was ‘one’ to remember I’m sure!

dino
                        Keymaster

OPPS…gotta remember what I preach.. . “Search ! Its probably here Already”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.