PHOTO SEARCH 1970-1976

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION PHOTO SEARCH 1970-1976

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Mentioned this a number of Times….But making a special Post. Tons of photo coverage for all the sixties (As witnessed in ODF Galleries & Historica lPhoto disc) BUT …..BIG CHUNK MISSING of the 70’s …don’t know why …..not much at all as we progress in years up to closing…Hit the attics, closets,bbasements, old albums, grandma’s house ….AND as always DRAG TIMES for the 70’s .Old newspaper not like Eastern Drag News ‘booklet’ format….many just rotted away . I know they’re out there. Great documentation right down to results of all class & elim. winners in back pages with Correct Date.

dino
        Keymaster

HELLO ….Didn’t anybody take a camera in the 70’s? well ,with the gas embargo ,maybe ya didn’t have money left for developing 😕 …Where’s all the 70’s stuff ?

masracingtd1167
            Participant

This time period is of special interest to me because that’s when we realy started to race! I thought Kieth Cyr was gonna come through for us .

got a call and e-mail into Keith today…gona keep on him. dino -edit

vbob
                Participant

HEY
                    Here’s my 73 ttop street car at the BIG D !!!OH, the car was 2 years old when I bought !!

‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Hey .,..Hit the Attic ,Basement…old boxes in garage…your mother in laws house …LOOK

frank-spor

I have a couple of pics that were given to me..I’ll scan them and post them eventually, But if you pay attention (and remember) most of what we have seen in photo’s is from the spectator side…I never brought a camera, just a tool box. I am sure that is the problem…The people playing the game didn’t have time to take pictures, not to mention, good pictures would have been another expensive hobby.
                            😯

dino
                            Keymaster

You Guys Are Holding Out !…Just Talked to Frank M. I Didn’t remember that He ran a ’48 ANGLIA-B/G and C/A …He’s the one in the Casey Story about lending the Injector pump.Who remembers all this stuff. Did some hairy wheelstands too. . Yup ol “Mr 55 ” never mentioned it til today. Has Photos I got him to pry off the wall and send to be scanned. Lets share the history and the photos .Oh- the hunt is on for photos of His Car …It was primer grey then like he says “an Apricot orange with silver fogging”…somebody hit the ODF Galleries .I’m REAL busy the next couple of days.

vbob
                                Participant

HEY
                                    Found these up in the attic under a pair of bell bottoms and empty Chug A Mugs !!!October 1970!!
                                    Frank M. and his brother Jimmy orange Anglia and best friend Paul Desrosiers silver Anglia at ‘The Barn” in Watertown,Ct. !!!OH, both cars being towed out of Watertown heading to Dover Drag Strip are on footage going into THE BIG VIDEO !!!

‘V’
                                    THANKS BOB…How come you ALWAYS Find the Good stuff?. We need Your ENTIRE Collection Scanned and Archived! Check out the Teasers Videos posted …maybe a quick clip there of these cars .[dino]

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Here’s one for Drake…Found this in a plie of empty oil cans in the back room at Jungle George’s Hawthorne Auto Parts. …more posting soon after Brian went through “his Tool Box. So DRAKE – About what year? -who is it? -and was this a cuicut ‘meet’ ( its a Mustang- He Must Know”.

Attachments:

cullyflower

K&G Frantic Ford 70-72

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

Hey V, thanks for digging out those pictures ! Brings back a lot of
                                                memories of good times. Remember those days up at the barn ?
                                                Frank…

don-kauer

So what 😈 😈 went on “AT THE BARN” boys 😆 😆 😆

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

Hey Don, you would of loved it. When not working on cars, there
                                                        was a lot of horse shoe games, archery, golfing with always plenty of beer and Ripple and Boones Farm apple wine and some funny smelling cigs. 🙂
                                                        We even had a canoe with a 1/2 hp outboard motor floating in the brook. 🙂
                                                        Frank…

mikey

Don, sounds to me like a good time was had by all. Where were you while all this “hanky panky” was happening??
                                                            ……….Mikey 😮 😯 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

mikey

Here’s my 2 cents worth. Some of only a few to come my way. I’ll keep looking. I think Brian found some of my truck and forwarded them to Dino. Hello, Dino?? ………….Mikey 😆

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.