pics of Dover then & now

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION pics of Dover then & now

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    6t5frlane
    Participant

Dino, Do you have pics of the set/up of the strip. Staging lanes, entrance, return rd, stands etc….The overall layout?

dino
        Keymaster

WE”RE ON IT !!!!! HOW ‘BOUT AN AIRIAL PHOTO OF TRACK “BACK THEN” ?!? Brian Marasco “track Historian” has tracked down (somehow) an actual photo of the REAL track from I don’t know what year, and it shows eveything! Working on scan, clean-up to post. …. SEE’ DOVER GONE ‘THREAD FOR AERIAL SHOTS edit-dino
            About Brian: He just had to overhaul his “crashed” computer,and WATCH for him to check in here when his system is back up. AS OF T O D A Y ….after talking with him on phone last night (7/25/08)… (probably as I type this) ….he is AT THE TRACK site TO GET AL (the starter)’s Original “Official” jacket” from some local that had it all this time. Brian spends all his free time tracking down Dover stuff for his private collection and without his efforts , a lot of whats on this site wouldn’t exsist. He says he’ll be checking in here on a regular basis, posting things soon….that wil lbe awesome !

anthony-terenzio

Talk about AL the starter I’ll never forget him he allway’s remined me about when i was 13teen that was1967 i was on the starting line one day and my brother Gene had made a run in the LET IT FLY AA/A and i said to AL i’am going to drive that car some day and when i got my racing licence when i was 18teen he allway’s rememberd that i had toll him that 5year’s earlyer.

gene-terenzio-sr
                Participant
                    quote ANTHONY TERENZIO:

Talk about AL the starter I’ll never forget him he allway’s remined me about when i was 13teen that was1967 i was on the starting line one day and my brother Gene had made a run in the LET IT FLY AA/A and i said to AL i’am going to drive that car some day and when i got my racing licence when i was 18teen he allway’s rememberd that i had toll him that 5year’s earlyer.

Ya, and you went quicker than I did!!! 8.24 if I rember right.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.