PLEASANTVILLE FORD RACE CAR 67 MUSTANG

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR PLEASANTVILLE FORD RACE CAR 67 MUSTANG

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    67gt428
    Participant

Hi everyone…..I need info on a 67 mustang 390 gt fastback that Pleasantville ford built a race car from new……It was green…..I know a guy named Bob Diana owned it then pete Bazzo …I am looking for the people that built this car from Pleasantville ford in ny.I am looking for any info on the build of the mustang……It has not been registerd for the street till around early/mid 80’s……..any info you have please let me know…..Maybe THE VINDICATOR will know…

Thanks!!!!! Tommy D

dino
        Keymaster

If anyone knows it’s him! he worked there!…..”Da Drakster” will now step up to mike….

bossguy

I knew a Johnny Bozzo who worked in parts at Pleasantville Ford. I remember him saying something his Uncle. I think he later went to Semmes ford in Scarsdale, NY. I never knew P-ville Ford raced a 67 Mustang but I was 17 then. Take it away Drakester!

67gt428
                Participant

The mustang i am looking for info is my mustang that i have owned since 1990…67 gt S code 4spd fastback…….some things i do know about it is that the guy who i bought it from blew up the engine not long after he bought it….When they pulled the engine apart it was a stock 390 except a big cam and a 427 2X4 factory intake….thats it….also it had 7 leaf springs per side and had 5:13 gears……He built another engine for it ..i do know it has domed pistons and the cam is over .600 lift , i did not check the duration..I put this car on the road in 1995….i did some things to like a set of Harland Sharp aluminum roller rockers , ign upgrade….I will tell you i drove it for awhile ya know normal driving, but that did not last that long…from a rolling stop i just put it to the floor it launched with out any bog or anything …I thought my seat was going to seperate from the floor board and the G-FORCE was very pleasing..After the needle was burried it was still pulling…..I had to tell myself to back off being on the street and all………Sorry i was getting into it…been awhile………I do know that the last owner did get the BIG input top loader from Drake…….I hope he know more about my car….it’s really cool with the history of it…………

67gt428
                    Participant

MY 67

vindicator
                        Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey guys…do believe the car in photo…wuz owned by “famous” Leadhead…aka Mike Fabiano…family lived on Will Way…in Carmel .NY…”Lead” worked on this car for couple of years…worked part-time @ Carmel Ford…came along on the road with me for couple of years with the Funny Car deal… he sold this car to purchase a real Boss 429 Mustang…we did supply/do a couple motor/powertrain combinations for “Lead”…for this car…as well as the Boss 429 car…which we sold for him to a customer in Europe…Lead wuz gettin’ away from the car “thing”…got his screen guild actors “card” as a key grip…moved to Manhattan… he/family bought cars from me for years in Pleasantville…a real good guy…always “fun”…we certainly did share some “times” together 😆 😆 😆 Drake

vindicator
                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey too…the Pleasantville Ford “story”…I delivered the Reporter Dispatch daily newspaper there on my Schwinn…in the 50’s…my dad and longtime current owner (Tony Borelli) had close business/friendship….my dad wasn’t happy at all with Donovan engine in funny car…Tony offered for me come on board with all my “baggage”…Funny Car…Vindicator Racing…etc.for the summer…I stayed around for 20 years!!! 😆 😆 😆 the Borellis’ were awfully good to me…crew cab duallies to use…total support both personal & motorsports…we “grew” a very good export business…as well as local commercial…private accounts…I’m confident…the results for all those years surpassed/equaled the effort (s)…wuz very lucky (did always tell ya’…am… a lucky guy 😀 😀 😀 )…great group of people around me…made me…a real All Star…in the eyes of Ford Motor Company & elsewhere 😀 😀 😀 I’m eternally grateful…for the guidance,patience,opportunity,trust…given me by Tony Borelli…I haven’t communicated with Tony & family since my father’s death…by choice…still truly love ’em for sure… 😀 😀 😀 just don’t enjoy…going over old daze…much…the Borellis’ bought the dealership from Leo Weiss & family…in 1969…in my next “segment”…can give some insight as to John Bazzo…and Albie DellAngelo…as to info in ’66-’67…car and Bob’s “sponsorship”/relationship… 😀 😀 😀 Drake…p.s. just felt I got “stale”…wanted new “opportunity” after all the years…resigned… to go “looking” (surprise) for new horizens 😆 😆 😆 …can’t look back “hoss”…life…only…goes forward ‘eh 😆 😆 😆

vindicator
                                Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey…it’s the “end” almost…Johnny Bazzo very capable parts…commercial sales guy…and great service director for many years @ P’Ville…very possible uncle owned car…last I heard Johnny still lived in Yorktown,NY…but…the longest “running” show…in service at Pleasantville Ford…was/is the one…and the only…Albie DellAngelo…still works for them…in service…just mornings now…worked there with Weiss family…& the tenure of the of the Borelli (to date) family…great guy…love him…made a awful lot possible for me on a day to day basis…speak with him reguarly…a real “piece of work” 😆 😆 😆 very way smart…a real man… no b.s…in a man’s world…you can reach him in a.m @ P’Ville 914-769-1800…there are people you meet on this road of life…that have a “impact” on you/your values…forever…Albie…and Tony Borelli…for me…are two of…those “cats” 😀 😀 :D…it wuz the “summer” that turned into 20 years(kinda’ like “Uncle Buck” comes for the weekend…stays forever) 😆 😆 😆 Drake p.s. “kissed” the dealership (wuz around/part of it from age 10) business goodbye…when we came to North Carolina…it’s been good… being on-board with Jack Roush & companies for these years…motorsports 24/7…interesting…to say the least…do “believe”…gonna’ pull the plug on December 31st…just…do the drag racing marketing for TJ Motorsports going forward in 2013…but… a big…but…Virginia Tharp Wyatt of Roush…sez…I can’t retire…it’s like Hotel California…U…can check in…but…U…can never leave 😆 😆 😆 we’ll “see” 😀 😀 😀

67gt428
                                    Participant

Thank you so much Drake….Finding the history is awsome !!!! I have had alot of mustangs and cougars growing up but when i got this one , i said i will never sell it and after 22yrs i still have it…… The guy i bought it from gave me a pleasantville ford business card with Drakes name on it and told me if i need any parts you were the one to see……When i bought our house in Pawling in 1997 and seen your name on a mail box i was always wondering if they are two of the same…..then later on i seen 2 fox body stangs in your yard…. Drake do you remember a guy who lived in pawling who had a 67 fastback color white with torque thrust D wheels…..hey did have a shop on rt22 on the right side just before the Brewster NYSP barracks ? I helped him out for one week end, I think his name was Dan……..I did hear that he got really sick and had to close his business…Also i don’t know if you knew Mike Blank owner of Pawling collision rt 22 …he just passed away about 2 months ago…….

dino
                                        Keymaster

Anybody know …? … must have Dover…Eh?

vindicator
                                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey GT/428… 112 East Main Street…Pawling always wuz a very special lil’ “home” for us 1978-2006… 😀 😀 😀 …the twins still have those two fox body cars…and the two more fox body race cars we fool with…had the best neighbors ever….Heinchon Dairy/Margaret/Kent Johnson owners…for puttin’ up with all the noise/race cars (never/ever complained!!!)…at all hours…for all those years 😆 😆 😆 …those names (those guys) sure sound familiar…maybe knew by “sight”…it’s a steady “story” now @ 65…people “passing” often…far too often as I see it…so…keep in the forefront of each day…enjoy…as much as you can…while you can ‘eh 😀 😀 😀 ….dem’s…were…the daze…so many good people have always been there for me…not ever to be forgotten…they had the talent/knowledge…I had the 4-leaf clover (Luck) 😆 😆 😆 ain’t it sumptin’…the way it all works out…:D 😀 😀 Drake

67gt428
                                                Participant

Drake….I just talked to Pete Bazzo one of the early owners of the stang…..He said he bought it in Carmel and that he seen it for sale in a Carmel parts store ….He can not remember the guys name who he bought it from, but he did say the stang came from Carmel Ford and all the work thas has been done to it was done there also……..He said it had a CARMEL FORD sticker on the oil pan ??? ring any bells ??….Also i don’t know if Carmel Ford did this but someone added an extra leaf between each original springs……a total of 7 per side ….. As i said before it has a factory ford 427 dual 4 bbl intake with the draft tube…..And seeing the 67 mustang came with only a left front torque box , I also put in one on the right (just to make it right)….
                                                    Tommy D

vindicator
                                                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey…read the above…I didn’t say the car came from Pleasantville Ford…just that John Bazzo (Pete’s nephew?)…worked there for many years…it was suggested that Bob Diana owned/raced this car prior to “Leadhead’s” ownership…I don’t re-call us selling this car “new”…although we did sell a pretty fair number of performance cars…for sure…the car in question was sold/seen @ Bob’s Auto Parts…just up the hill from Carmel Ford… the late Bob Tompkins & family (owners of now closed Bob’s Auto Parts) were great people…good genuine friends of my dad’s…do re-call “Leadhead” coming in one afternoon…saying someone saw his car @ Bob’s…and was gonna’ buy it…this was good for him…as it facilitated his purchase of the aformentioned Boss 429 car 😀 😀 😀 …it’s very possible as well…”Lead” did the 2×4 intake/carbs…at the Carmel Ford shop too (worked there in afternoons)…”thought” he also had a 427 engine for car done by Dick Simonek (Patterson,NJ) for that car…which might have been later sold separatly from car…the dark green exterior was popular in ’67-’68…a “pile” of ’em…went in & out of Carmel Ford 😆 😆 :lol:…also since last “post”…thought maybe Bob Diana…ran a ’65-’66 289 Hi-po car for Pleasantville…but “alas”…memory…ain’t exactly…what it once wuz ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 way too many nitro fumes ( lots of years of ’em)…and some hydrazine…too…very interesting/scary good/bad “experiences”…of hands on/off use 😆 😆 😆 but…that’s yet another “story”…for another time! 😀 😀 😀 Drake p.s. do somewhat “re-call” “Leadhead”..adding some rear leafs…don’t know why…no idea about missing torque box…sorry

paul-ceasrine
                                                            quote 67gt428:

MY 67

I think I know something about this car.

Paul

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.