POCONO DRAG LODGE REUNION DATE!!

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION POCONO DRAG LODGE REUNION DATE!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gaspumpchas
    Participant

Hi all-
        I have set a date for the reunion at the Pocono Drag lodge at Bear Creek, Pa, August 15, 2009. This historic event will take place at the Pocono drag lodge strip; which has been closed since 1972. The track is in good shape for its age; we will line up the cars along the track the whole length for an informal non judged show. The bottom floor of the tower is still there; i’m going to paint and re letter it; the scale is still there and will be on display. Dj music and food will be available, and we will feature the “2 cool shorts standing side by side” parade of cars up the track. Track is 2 1/2- 3 hrs from the poughkeepsie area, off I-81, 9 miles from Wilkes- barre PA. This track was where Joe Amato got his start, Google Pocono drag lodge and you will see much info and pics on the PDL.
        Please email me for info or to get put on my mailing list; come on over if you can and help us celebrate another great strip where you could “run whatcha bring”!!! Vendor spots…$25.

Charlie Hulsizer
        Pleasant Valley
        e-mail: ecoair9798@aol.com 😆

dino
        Keymaster

Thanks For THAT UPDATE ! …knew you had the info : “Gas-MAN” …Hey Guys …need to get the DOVER Contingent to convey to the event !

tomatohead
            Participant

I have the date marked on the board ❗ I am ready for the “TREK” I have the two movies from Jim Amos on the “Lodge” and they are great ❗ 😀 real good movies of the track ❗ I can only imagine the Dover movie when Dinos finished with it ❗ ❗ Thanks for the info I will send the e mail for the mailing list Thanks “GAS” ❗ ……………….tomato ❗

gene-terenzio-sr
                Participant

here’s a picture of joe amato and me at e-town, thats antony in the back ground. “with hair” :

this is the Marks Toys car

GeneTerenzio Terenzio Brothers Hustler Chevy Monza BB/FC ©1976 Norman Blake [all rights reserved]

dino
                    Keymaster

Gene ..thats what year ? and how close are you to the old Pocono?

gene-terenzio-sr
                        Participant
                            quote dinotheweirdo:

Gene ..thats what year ? and how close are you to the old Pocono?

1976, I’m about 30-40 miles from there,and 1hr 20 min from newmedia. can anyone go to the reunion or is it for people that raced there? maybe some one can talk Joey into reopening the drag lodge. he got the scaroll

dino
                            Keymaster

Should Be open to Public ….Ya think? GasMan fill us in !

gaspumpchas
                                Participant

Hi Everyone-
                                    Just a quick note to let everybody know where we are at; I’m planning a work party saturday april 4, preliminary. This way we can take a look and see what we neeed to do before everything gets green. Bring chain saws, cutters, anything else you can muster. I’ll see if George edwards can get the stone delivered. If the gentleman who has the backhoe can bring it, that would help. Gonna concentrate on clearing the parking areas, trees near the strip, pit road and the return road also, and I’m gonna take a crack at relettering the tower if I have time.
                                    I have lined up a company who will be bringing porta potties, dumpster and some plastic trash barrels, and 2 portable hand wash stations. I also got the estimate for the event liability policy and it seems reasonable enough. So we are moving ahead!! The food concessionaire says he can handle a large crowd if it shows up!!
                                    I’ll send another email out before the work party; would like to get an idea how many folks are coming. If you can help out, great but if not and just want to come up, check it out and meet us, that would be great too!!
                                    Thanks for everyone’s help…stay tuned!!

Charlie Hulsizer

PS ABSOLUTELY OPEN TO EVERYONE, CAR NUT OR NOT, COME ON OVER AND HELP US CELEBRATE ANOTHER GREAT OLD DRAG STRIP, WE’D LOVE TO SEE YOU…DINO TO SET UP A DOVER DISPLAY!!! c. 😀

dino
                                    Keymaster

Charlie …Whats the Latest ! Got a flyer ….How ’bout Vendors Spots ? We’ll Send our ‘Hechmen’ to Sell our Dover goodies .Tomatohead is our ‘district sales manager’ for Penn.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.