Pocono Drag Lodge Reunion

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Pocono Drag Lodge Reunion

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mr409-62chevy

hello from mr409_62chevy in pa. i collect old drag race items. just found a 1962 rule book from dover. i also have some other old things from dover and i will try to get a picture and post them. just a note that pocono drage lodge is having a reunion on augest 15 at bear creek. get a chance come on down it should be a good time.

jmb442

Should be a good time and since the whole track is intact…..I guess you never know what might happen!

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

TomatoHead On the Scene…He’s not answering his Cell…Quick call to his wife.. and She said he checked in with her at about 10:30….Dave Seymour rode with him.Traffic backed up for more than a mile and long line to pay to get in. Looks like super turn-out.More Same -day As I get It

dino
                Keymaster

FIRST and Only to now coverage I could dig up…notice whats mentioned in the FIRST post !
                    click to view: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389064

dino
                    Keymaster

Just Found this E-mailed to me :

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

News Alert..just in from TomatoHead:
                            “Dino,
                            it was a long hot day and it was packed !!! we had a lot of people stop by and say that they raced at Dover We sold some shirts We sold decals and a sign to a guy who said he raced at Dover and had nice memeoirs of the track ! His name is Joseph A McNally and I am scanning his card and sending it to you so you can get in touch with him. He said to me and Dave he can get radio air time for the race !! He was very nice !! We met another guy whos name is Butch Garzia and he was from White Plains, New york and raced a 55 Chevy at Dover from 65 to 67, then was drafted to Vietnam in 67 . He was at the the track with his new car, a 1971 Duster with a big 440 in it and he lives in PA now and races at Island and will be at the race in OCT. The race is big news in this area!, and A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SHOW UP !!!!!! A LOT !!!! Half of the people there knew about the race and me and Dave handed out flyers to EVERYONE !!!! here are the pics of Butch if you post them for him in new guys he bought a shirt and is going to send inthe paper to join the site !!! I will send the other pictures I have of everybody else including Vinny Lyons and Bob Klenmans … 68 428 Mustang and 66 427 Fairlane !!! I have to cut the grass first today so I can work on my car later …………………the picture of the vette is card of McNally with his stuff on back …………………later mater !!! “

dino
                            Keymaster

T-Heads Photos…He Sent A Bunch ! see all posts here

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Here comes a bunch………….

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                    Participant

Dave “CRAZY HORSE” Seymour and I had a real good day at Pocono 😀 ❗ this was BIG ❗ lots of nice people ❗ lots of really cool fast cars ❗ ❗ ❗ and people who said they raced at Dover ❗ I think that MR 409 Chevy stopped by too said he had that rule book from DOVER 1962 ❗ said he would see us at Island ❗ ❗ for the race ……and so did everybody else ❗ ……you better get ready Tony Island is going to be FULL UP ❗

Attachments:

gaspumpchas
                                        Participant

Hi Everyone- just got around to looking at the stuff on the Dover site….thanks for posting all the goodies!! Just wanted to thank Dino, Joe and everyone for the kind words, support and enthusiasm….the turnout was beyond comprehension. I do want to point out a few observations; think you will enjoy this:

* When Sherri and i were going around picking up the trash after the event, we noticed something- there was no trash to pick up- the folks who attended have such a profound respect for the sacred grounds of the Pocono Drag lodge, they didn’t leave a mess. Also the 4 acre prking area across the street- 1 dunkin donuts coffee cup….

* When we had 2 wide on the entrance road waiting to get in, we had traffic backed up on Meadow run road for 1/2 mile. I had to abandon the golf cart in the woods and hoof it out. I went down the line, spoke to everybody and worked to get the locals thru; NOBODY got irate with me and the delay. I explained what we were doing and apologized for the delay; everyone said no problem and they supported us and thought it was a great idea. here in NY state they would have had small caliber firearms out!!!!

* I had a PDL reunion banner, some signs by the entrance, and one at the overflow parking area that said “drag lodge additional parking”….somebody swiped every one of em!! I’m not po’ed about it, I feel that its a compliment to the 1st Annual PDL reunion effort….who wouldn’t want these hangin in the shop!!!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I still can’t believe we pulled this off…to make so many great folks so happy is one of the most satisfying things I ever did!!! 😀

Thanks again- just to know that PDL lived again on 8-15-09 gives me goose bumps!!!

Charlie Hulsizer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.