Pre Race Planning Has Begun

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 8th Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2016 Pre Race Planning Has Begun

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

WE ARE ALREADY PLANNING for the 8th Annual Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags & Rod & Custom Show for 2016…plenty of New surprises .Still at Lebanon Valley But …we’re working on the exact date to be possibly moved up to Sept. for a cooler time.As SOON as I get the conformation…you’ll be the first to hear it here.”Drag Alley” (Nostalgia Race Car Display) a Hit…We’ll do it again ,too, so plan now. Drag Alley is FREE…No Fees.for non-racing Kool old racers…Hotel Discounts- Free Admission -shirt & participant Decal. Of Course if its Race Ready-Run IT! All the feedback after our last one and all I heard At the Epping Hot Rod Reunion was Positive!…Heard ‘Class act” more than once. We Are now considered one of the premiere Nostalgia Drag Events in the Northeast. Our Elim. Structure -Great Track Crew…Wayne & Howie’s Support -fantastic sponsors… All work together for a memorable experience. Our Thanks To all who Help….Deadend Cruizers,Lisa- Rich- Smitty-Brian-Smokey & Grover and all the hundreds of The “DOVER FAMILY” (racers and Fans) that come out and help keep the memories alive…………………….Keep your motors spinnin…this is only the beginning…more to post as I get it here at ‘race central’.

Attachments:

hvy70ss
        Participant

I am currently suffering from “PNDRD”….post nostalgia drag race depression. Between the Dover race and the Hot Rod reunion being over I need a fix…SOON!

Smitty

dino
            Keymaster

Ducks started to be lined up already….In constant contact with Wayne at the Valley….So in the meantime …get the word out to those maybe not on computer. We will be back with more ‘Stuff’

kman
                Participant

Hey Dino…. how do i get my full access photographer pass ??? … do you handle that or does Wayne ?? .. i got screwed this year… my fault for not being informed .. don’t want that to happen again… i want a different “angle” from the pics i usually post… waiver ??? .. no problem… thanks…

dino
                    Keymaster

K…Anyone can get that…allows you out on the line…just go in track office at base of tower(Blue Door) See Sue and sign the sheet- it’s usually right on the counter….just like drivers do at Driver entry.

kman
                        Participant

Perfect !!! … Thanks Dino ….

………K…you can do that ANY day…[dino-edit]

dino
                            Keymaster

Just A reminder.
                                .I posted this in the “daily Chat’ Oct 19..
                                “Just talked to Wayne from Lebanon…Did give me promising news”…Our Sept date looking better (tentative Sept. 24-25 2016) once I get the Green light …Look out internet. Funny what month can do….Aug HOT 😮 —Sept-Nice 😀 —Oct (end) …Cold /snow ”

Well….Since then, we’ve Talked two or three more times…He’s on “our Side’ and seems to feel we got it..but has to confirm with the higher ups. For those wondering…Yes -this would take the Date From the Cap Area Rods ,pushing them up a few weeks after us. We’ll be able to promote At the Adirondack Nationals very nicely (Already negotiating with them for stuffing the Goodie Bags)and I thought The New England Hot Rod Reunion. But That seems to be …we’ll…. nobody’s talking??? Its NOT on the NHRA Museum 2016 schedule and I can’t get a reply from anyone.

…So As Soon as we get Confirmation….LOOK OUT…Oh- COOL thing IS….On that weekend …Dirt Track is Already DONE…We’ll commandeer the “ClubHouse” for that long wished Sat Night “PARTY” !. …and have full run of the spectator lot for early anything to park for Sunday…

dino
                                Keymaster

More talk with Wayne this week as we fine more ‘Stuff”. We discussed a ton of stuff…First -the Clubhouse is available for our long wanted ‘party’.Its got a 60 ft. bar, four TV ‘s to show videos/movies, seats 275 …that should work! and they can open the kitchen up for great burgers, and stuff. OR we can turn it into a pot luck bring your own .He says that has worked great in the past with a ton of food of all varieties .What’s your pleasure guys.? He thought tht with the people coming from far away that might note work so well. Lets hash it out. I for one would welcome the idea with all the diversified goodies with our group. June and Rudy do killer stuff.(NETO guys known for some awesome pit BBQ party’s)..our ‘Italian contingent with ‘Chef Pat’ at the helm…V-Bob and the Kielbasa crew… wow gourmet delights from around the world. Cathy ,their chief bartender is primed as is Wayne who fills in tending bar occasionally. This would stop the Sat. night ‘scatter ‘ of the gang to who knows where, in the past. A combination Reunion Party-Dover fest all in one. I will use the opportunity to do some overdue ODF HALL OF FAME Awards…Appreciation Awards and be your MC for the evening. Got my Amp and Mic in stock. I’ll start A new topic for this for your Feedback and suggestions .NOW on to Other Planning reports……Met Chief Pilot Bob Cloutier from C-R Helicopters, based at Laconia airport. at the the Hot Rod Reunion in Epping. He’s up for doing the same thing at our event ,he did there—HELICOPTER RIDES ! Wow …so cool ,what a chance to get aerial videos and photos from the sky .Chris Barnes of WHELLZUP Radio Will be doing a live remote Both Days at the Race.Chris does regular online show Wed. nights at 7:30 every week . See http://www.blogtalkradio.com/wheelzupradio plus your humble organizer will be on his show to promote the event of course.He’s on facebook too https://www.facebook.com/WHEELZUPRADIO/?fref=ts
                                    David Beard of Dragster Supply will be returning again as a Sponsor .He’ll have his display set-up plus this time he’s bringing a bunch of his customers cars to race and display and will be running his own “Bear Mt .Bantam” altered.See: http://www.dragstersupply.com/ He just one of more expected participants since Hot Rod Reunion cancelled, from the eastern Mass.& N.H. area. Don’t know the future of East Coast Gassers…seems David and wife Karen bowing out running it.IF any Gassers Are up for organizing something new to replace that group,if it folds, Please get in touch with me to see what we can come up with. No I don’t want to run it…but the ‘slot’ is available to fill , if they break up. Bare with me…got a LOT to report. JK Motorsports Returning Again As Title Sponsor. Head honcho Jerry Kozera to Bring his Rare ’66 Chevelle loaded wagon to run he just got from a GM designer. Like only two made.He’s also putting the Challenge out to Rick Moroso with his Wagon. See; http://www.jkmotorsports.net/index.php
                                    We want everyone to put the word out to ANYONE with an Original DOVER car To Display in the DOVER ORIGINALS display…we’re contacting All we know to make this the biggest yet, but need you help to scout out and find all those hidden hard to find cars. Have them contact ME for all the FREE to Display credentials,etc. ….SAME goes for DRAG ALLEY…non Dover Nostalgia Cars to Display…CONTACT ME..We had a great response and reception from everyone last year. Have the Lot to ourselves All Day Sat AND NIGHT (No Dirt Racing) for early arrivals. Rich Head will again be our point man in that area doing such a great job to coordinate everything. Phil Liddle the ‘prez’ of the DEAD END CRUIZERS ready to do it again for our Big Sunday Rod & Custom show. Phil and his gang also run their own shows and go to all the Albany area Cruises. So expect pre-event super promotion and WAY more cars. We’ll be promoting the whole show & race at Adirondack Nationals and Goodguys show in Rhinebeck, And since I Run “Gasoline Alley ” now At Syracuse Nationals….I’ll have a Booth All set up ‘All About DOVER.. Those Groups already contacted…..Whew!…More…. New Central N.Y. car magazine covering Albany all the way to Syracuse featuring us in Upcoming issues See http://apexautomag.com/ Need All Car Clubs running shows and Cruise Nights To Contact me so we can all work together promoting thier and our events. We are expanding the promotion of our Sunday Swap Meet Section with the help of Racing Junk.com and will be getting the word out better this year. Still in the planning stages…but I thoroughly INTEND to post on the event Flyer:”200 MPH FUNNYCARS” more as I work it out. Rumor has it we’ll have front motor fuelers push starting down the track to fire up & Cackle. OF NOTE …Need full contingent of TIME WARP PARADE original Dover Cars And Drivers (even in your current car) Ready to parade right before Eliminations start…Lets get the biggest group together ever to show the Folks the Real Deal…. Tow or Drive em. YOUTUBE and ‘Kodak” moment photo op! my finger hurts…I’ll be back with ‘some more stuff” remember Gong Show?…More coffee …later

Attachments:

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

That’s all ya got ta say??? Good job!!!
                                        Oh, seeing theres no dirt flyin from the circle track Saturday night how late can we run the 1/4 mile ?????

‘v’

kman
                                        Participant

THIS… IS GONNA BE GOOD… NO.. MAKE THAT EPIC !!! …

dino
                                            Keymaster
                                                quote VBOB:

HEY

That’s all ya got ta say??? Good job!!!
                                                Oh, seeing theres no dirt flyin from the circle track Saturday night how late can we run the 1/4 mile ?????

‘v’

Hmmmm…Good Question…Think Wayne will have a cutoff for crew not to go into overtime, and Howie won’t want to turn the lights on to jack the elec. bill…I’d say Wayne’s answer will be…. “Til the party starts” 😀 Id say 6-6:30 to be safe.

tomblake
                                                Participant

Sounds like a good time, can’t wait.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.