Question re: Speidel speed shop

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Question re: Speidel speed shop

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    doncarsondodge
    Participant

Where was the Speidel’s Speed Shop? Any info on the Burgess-Speidel relationship. The Jenkin’s 1/18 diecast car has the Speidel’s logo on it also.

My wife is from LaGrangeville, on Rt 82 north of Rt 55. I raced at Dover in ’68-70.

Don Carson

anonymous

Hi Don,

I think it was right in Wingdale, NY?

Andy Panessa

doncarsondodge
            Participant

????
                I have the Jenkins 1/18 diecast 65 SS and the logo says Speidel speed shop, LaGrangeville.

There wasn’t much in LaGrangeville, just houses, farms and a couple of small stores. The Doc Burgess car said Burgess and Speidel on he door also before converting it to the altered wheelbase.
                Don

dino
                Keymaster

Carl Speidel ran it and was almost a “Partner” with Doc Burgess ….Hauling the Black Arrow in his box truck ,and occasionaly even driving it. Thats why the sometimes lettering Burgess-Speidel on door .He went to tracks even before Arrow days ,selling parts in the pits, later going to Oval tracks. His son “fell’ in the door at Dover-Fest” …just by seeing the sign on the street. Brought in a never seen VHS of the Arrow AND archive photos his decessed dad owned. All never seen stuff ! He’s sending originals for us to use in Big Video and post photos here.

Attachments:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.