"ALL GM NATIONALS" Carlisle 2012

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION "ALL GM NATIONALS" Carlisle 2012

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

Hey Guys, Just got back last night after 2 days at Carlisle, PA. A little disappointed
        in the turn out of vendors and shoppers. Over the last 3 years, you could see the event
        going down hill. That being said, there’s always nice stuff to see on display. I kept going
        back to the 348 – 409 barn. Don Fezell and his wife’s collection had 6 entries including factory
        63 Light Weights to a 62 4-door sedan with a 409 and 3 on the tree. Always great to spend
        time with family and friends ! Here’s some pictures….

Frank…

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Here are some more pictures from Carlisle “All GM Nationals”…..

Attachments:

mikey

Really nice pictures, Frank. I especially like the white 62, I had one a LOOOONG time ago. It had a 283 in it when I bought it, but the original 348 was in the trunk, all the parts were there. It had spun a bearing and ruined the crank and one rod. I bought that car( it was white, red interior, 3 on the tree)in 1967 for $450.00. It took me almost a year to get a crank and a rod, rings, bearings etc. but I got it all together and in the car. I left it all original, drove it for 3 years, and sold it in 1971 for $3500.00 to a guy who collected 1959-1964 Chevy’s with 348s, or 409s. Sure wish I still had that sucker! …………….Mikey 😥

frank-j-majauskas
                Participant

Hey Mikey, Great story…I think that every car guy has their regrets ! I can’t remember
                    how many cars I bought to get through the winter with(garaged the good car) and then
                    scraped the winter crasher come spring…Some nice cars went to an early grave. Boy,
                    those cars down at Carlisle were nice !!! Hope all is well with you and the family. Stay
                    in touch..Oh yeah, Hi Cassey !! 😛

Frank…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.