"Fastlanes" STAMFORD & Conn. Hang-out memories

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past "Fastlanes" STAMFORD & Conn. Hang-out memories

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    fastlane

HI JIM . WOW YUP I REMEMBER MIKE WICKLER ANOTHER MADMAN FROM SYLVAN KNOLL THE RACING GO CARTS HIS 396 CHEVELLES. HIS HARLEYS I THINK HE WAS RACING MIGETS TOO BEFORE HE RETIRED.TOO BAD.THE M/C CLUB HE WAS IN CALLED THE APOSTLES WITH JIMMY GROSNER BILLY AND JERRY GUIFFERA “THE GUFFERS’ BIG AL BROWN JOE PASCRAELLI ETC. AND FROM THE BOTTOM OF WEST MAIN TO THE GREENWICH LINE THERE ARE NO OTHER WORKING GAS STATIONS LEFT REALLY THEY ARE MOSTLY CONVEINCE STORE’S WITH GAS PUMPS THATS IT. THIS PLACE IS A LANDMARK JUST LIKE JACKIE ROBINSON PARK IS NOW. I WAS RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET WHEN IT WAS NAMED AND THE STATUE OF HIM WAS PUT UP. THIS WAS MY LAST RETAIL PLACE / BIKE SHOP IN THE OLD C.W. POND BUILDING RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO DOM CHIPPETTA’S CITGO STATION. I REMEMBER WHEN MIKE CRASHED HIS SPORTSTER RIGHT IN FRONT OF VITO’S GARAGE HE BROKE HIS LEG REALLY BAD AND WAS NEVER THE SAME AFTER THAT ACCIDENT HE MOVED OUT OF STAMFORD UP TO DANBURY LIVED IN A CONDO FOR A WHILE NOW HE LIVES IN SOUTHBURY AND DOES NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD. PETE DECRECENZO BECAME ONE OF HIS LONG TIME AND ONLY FRIENDS AFTER THAT TIME. MIKE BECAME JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE OLD BURNT OUT PITNEY BOWES GUY AND SIDLINED HIMSELF FROM LIFE ALL TOGETHER. TOO BAD . FASTLANE.

staying-alive

Chriss /Jim

Thank’s for the trip down memory lane. I also grew up in Stamford and started my LOVE for car’s and Bike’s back in 63. I spoke to Vito last week and he is doing good.
            I know of most of those guys you mention and was in thr garage/towing busines (LONDON’s sevice from 72 to 77, went to Clairol for 28 years and ran a flat bed business out of my house in Rowayton until 2001. Now i’m in S.C. away from the snow. Chris I received your mailo and will answer it. My laptop was down for a few week’s.
            Keep the Stamford memorie ALIVE.

Fred

jimbo17

Freddie:

Thanks for checking in because you knew all the same guys and hang outs.

Glad to hear the good news on Vito.

I went over to Westside Hardware one with Greg Lotz one day and everything just looked so different from back in our time.

I still remember Sabia’s Open Door resturant when my mother would take the emply pot over there and they would fill it with their pasta and meatballs for a few bucks and we would go home and have a feast.

Freddie you must have many great memories from the those days and hanging out over at Pete’s station.

Those were the days only none of us knew it at the time.

Stay well and keep in touch. Jimbo

fastlane

hey guys jim and fred . speaking of famous west side eaterys . butchie bevivino’s mom just passed away last week. old rita was in that kitchen on liberty street for 40 years way back then . way too many people older friends and family have been dying around here in stamford from the fall right thru this winter and its been really a rough / sad time for a lot of us. plus folks losing there jobs and this rotten economy all in a nutshell . its nice to hear some good news at least once in a while from old friends who are still here and there and that hopefully thing’s may even finally turn around for all of us real soon too . well relax and enjoy the super bowl today guys . dont eat or drink too much 😆 chris fastlane .

digger

i was there about 3 yrs, i had a partner billy bragdon i remember martin,remember marsha smith, also knew butch hooper and most of the others you talked about. left the shop and went to work for hot rod magazine.until 79.also owned rodtique auto parts in cape coral fla. and shake,rattle, and roll in danbury. and dino i.ll be in key west til april.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.